This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get to sleep in again!

This couldn't have worked out more perfect... well actually, it could have in one regard, but I'll deal

Up until now I worked mornings, which means I had to be at work at 8am. Well, I am NOT a morning person... I've tried... not gonna happen. I barely have the ability to SPEAK for the first hour after I wake up, let alone do something complicated.

The other day, I went into work (at 8am), and a co-worker came in at noon (he works the "swing" shift, there's another guy thats comes in around 4pm or so and work until we close at midnight.)

He says "I have to stop working these shifts, I can never get my ass up early enough. I work better early in the morning when I actually have a reason to get out of bed."
    (He likes getting up early in the morning, but if he doesn't actually have a reason to do it, he ends up oversleeping )

Me: "Really!? Dude, I would so rather sleep in... wanna trade shifts?"

Him: "Sure."

We tell the manager, and DONE. I now work the "swing" shift and he works mornings... YAY! I don't have to get out of bed until at least lunch anymore! (What can I say... I'm a night owl )

WIN WIN! WOOT!

*not to mention the later shifts are when all the cute girls come in
    Last edited by Lingering Grin; 04-09-2008, 06:20 AM.
    <Insert clever signature here>

For me, I am a day person. But congrats for your new shift.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I didn't mind shitty 4-10s or 5-10s or whatever when I was in high school, but after working 2nd shift at the gas station for a year, never again will I work those horrid hours. You lose way too much of your day when you go in early afternoon and leave at 10, or where I work, it's 3-11. Too big of a chunk out of your day, and nothing but Wal-Mart and Taco Hell are open when you get done.

I will only work day shift or night shift. Either early mornings or late nights. So that way I can at least have something of a day.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

See, I'm a HUGE night person. If left to my own devices my normal sleep schedule has me sleeping between like 8am - 5pm. So these shifts are perfect for me.

I hate the morning shifts, because I can NEVER get to bed before 2am (would be 1am, but a TV show I like comes on at that time.)

Plus, then after I'm done, I'm too tired from working all day to actually go out and DO anything. None of the fun stuff happens until at least 10pm anyway

I also don't have to cancel plans because I have to "work in the morning." I can go to a party, or a club, or just hang out at night or on my days off and not worry about getting up early.

Biggest problem is food, I just have to plan ahead. Plus, my work does have a cafe with pretty decent food, so there's always that to eat.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Working...
        X