Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Had to Take DiSC Training?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Had to Take DiSC Training?

They're requiring it where I work. I don't like the questions. Two questions in and I'm not happy.

So, I'm wondering who else has been put through this.
    Yes, and it totally sucked!
    6.67%
    Yes, and it was a waste of time, but it was better than working.
    20.00%
    Yes, and it actually seemed to help.
    0.00%
    No.
    73.33%

The poll is expired.

Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

I said yes, based on my recollections. This is one of those personality things, right? I think the one they had us take was called DiSC. It was basically a waste of time, but got me out of work, and had some small value, if only for humour's sake.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

What is a DiSC test?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        What is a DiSC test?
        1: Is it flat? If not, it is not a disc. If so, proceed to question 2.

2: Is it round? If not, it is not a disc. If so, it is a disc.

Comment

I have never heard of that test
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            1: Is it flat? If not, it is not a disc. If so, proceed to question 2.

2: Is it round? If not, it is not a disc. If so, it is a disc.
            Oh Ed, you are sooooo funny.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Huh. DiSC sounds kind of like an alternate to the Myers-Briggs Typing also called the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, which is a form of Jungian typology test.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh Ed, you are sooooo funny.
                My license is for quick, sometimes it happens to be funny as well.

Comment

What is a DiSC test?
                  It's when you throw the thing at the basket and see how straight it flies.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                    It's when you throw the thing at the basket and see how straight it flies.
                    You people crack me up!

Comment

What is a DiSC test?
                      "Isn't dat one ah dem der tests warr ya put in yer cupholder on da computer?"
                      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

yeah - I did... not too exciting. Given that the questions are always 'here is your answer' rather than 'what would you prefer to answer', and then you get grouped into only 1 of 4 categories....

You could always just answer them randomly
                        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

What is a DiSC test?
                          When you approach a store employee with a compact disc in your hand and ask the employee "Is this a CD?"
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had to look it up on Google

I took that type of test before, but they didn't call it a DiSC Test. So my answer is Yes.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Huh. DiSC sounds kind of like an alternate to the Myers-Briggs Typing also called the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, which is a form of Jungian typology test.

^-.-^
                              Not done a DiSC test, done something similar though as it was the latest thing our credulous marketing director had been exposed to.

They got a bit pissy when I handed in this with my answer sheet and couldn't answer "Why isn't there a lazy classification?"
                              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                              X