Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pwned the store manager (long so you know it's good)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pwned the store manager (long so you know it's good)

Today, after we finished filling the freight from last night's truck (we did manager to get done, yay us!), I was given the pull tags for all the furniture that came in last night and went around merrily putting them with the correct displays on the floor.

On of them was for a bedroom mirror. Not long after I put the tag out, somebody bought it. CBFH/Numbnuts goes to do the carryout, finds that the mirror has a location in backstock....and then is unable to find it.

CBFH/Numbnuts comes back by me and asks me "You know where this mirror is?"
    Me: Um...no....I didn't put any furniture away last night or carry out a mirror like that.
    CBFH: Oh. It has a location back here and I can't find it.

CBFH/Numbnuts calls one of the floor people. She comes back to assist him, and she too cannot find the mirror. She finds me and asks me again "Do you know where this mirror is?"
    Me: No. I just put out the pull tag for it. I didn't unload it off the truck or put it away or anything.

A couple more people are called to aid in the search; they too cannot find this mirror anywhere. Meanwhile, the customer is understandably getting upset.

Store manager tried to placate the customer by telling him he knew the mirror came in. Customer just says "You're BS'ing me; all these people are telling me you don't have it."

Finally, store manager comes and finds me and asks me again about the mirror's whereabouts. I feel like I'm in Office Space, with everybody coming by to comment on my TPS reports and send me memos.

Finally, I told store manager "Say, they didn't get everything off the truck last night. Maybe that mirror is still on the truck. Could you open it up and find out?
    Store manager: I was told all the furniture came off the truck last night, and all that's left on there is some pallets for lawn and garden. I don't think it's going to be on there. Good suggestion though.

Store manager then tries to sell the customer the display model, at a discount, plus a $10 gift card for his trouble. He refuses and stomps off to the service desk to fill out a raincheck, commenting all the while about how shitty we must be if we don't know what we have in stock or where to find it.

Later on, after we finish all the backstocking from the truck, we open it up to remove the lawn and garden pallets, only to find.....wait for it

wait for it.....

wait for it......

wait for it.....

wait for it......

dirt and empty liquor bottles. No, seriously, we found the mirror we'd been looking for the whole time, wedged in between two pallets.

So I got to call up the store manager and tell him we found the mirror on the truck and he should listen to me more often.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Niiiice.

Think they'll actually listen to you next time, though?

Comment

Quoth Igorina View Post
      Think they'll actually listen to you next time, though?
      When

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        When pigs fly

^-.-^
        SPORFL!

Sad but true.

Comment

I was really hoping for "dirt and empty liquor bottles". *pouts*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Considering the general ineptitude of the DC workers who load our trucks, dirt and empty liquor bottles would not surprise me one bit.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Good call, IPF.

You know, I'm ALWAYS disgusted when someone won't take TWO MINUTES to try out suggestions I make. How hard would it have been to just radio someone close to the truck and have them check?
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
              X