This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the cutest question ever!

So a mom is outside talking on her cellphone. Her daughter (4, maybe 5 years old?) was looking at the candy with a hand full of change.

She comes up to me, and in the sweetest, (and at same time nervous) voice, asked me this.

"There is nothing here I want, do I have to buy something, or can I go back to my mommy?"

I mean WTF!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I couldn't help but smile and laugh. "No no noo, nothing here you want, you don't have to buy, go ahead back to mom".

She said thank you and left.

Awww. It brings hope to my heart that some kids still have the head to say thank you. (Not that is was needed, but still!)
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

oh, how cute.

They're darling little angels before they get older and turn into hell-spawn.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

She was only sweet because you told her what she wanted to hear. If you had said she had to buy something, she would have called you a fucking bitch and then filed a complaint with the store owner's kid. lol!!!
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

HAHA CUTE!

I got one from today too.

Little girl comes up to the counter and asks if we have any light balls (6lb balls... bowling alley ). The manager jokingly says, "Yes, but it'll cost ya five bucks, do you want to pay with cash or a credit card." The little girl walks away... we're confused... she comes back a minute later with a CREDIT CARD in her hands. It was all me and the manager could do to stop ourselves from laughing.
        Last edited by Lingering Grin; 04-13-2008, 11:08 PM.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

How indescribably adorable, Plaidman.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
            HAHA CUTE!

I got one from today too.

Little girl comes up to the counter and asks if we have any light balls (6lb balls... bowling alley ). The manager jokingly says, "Yes, but it'll cost ya five bucks, do you want to pay with cash or a credit card." The little girl walks away... we're confused... she comes back a minute later with a CREDIT CARD in her hands. It was all me and the manager could do to stop ourselves from laughing.
            What you didn't see is where she pulled out a knife and robbed someone in the ally.

Comment

That was cute and interesting to see a child that honest. At least someone is bringing up their children properly.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                That was cute and interesting to see a child that honest. At least someone is bringing up their children properly.
                Score: 1 good child, 100,000,000 bratty jerks.
                However, it is super awesome that there's at least one.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
                  What you didn't see is where she pulled out a knife and robbed someone in the ally.

Have you ever seen the episode of the Simpsons where they went to a museum during a "History of Weapons" showing? If you haven't, Marge takes Maggie to a Kid's Touch Wall full of knives, maces, etc. Maggie breaks a switchblade off of the wall and Marge says "Aww...how cute...I'll give you all of my hugs and kisses". Maggie gets a dirty look on her face and starts jabbing the knife toward Marge. "Ok, ok...stay cool...I have some candy in my purse." (then the scene ends).

For some reason I thought of that when I read your post, Blinky.
                  Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Aww! Cute moments like that do brighten up the day!

Comment

Cute in a sickeningly sweet sort of way.
                      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

First thought: Oh my god that is the cutest thing ever.

Second thought: How is it possible that a four year-old, with money in hand, didn't want to buy any candy?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                          First thought: Oh my god that is the cutest thing ever.

Second thought: How is it possible that a four year-old, with money in hand, didn't want to buy any candy?
                          Oh, I'm sure it's not that she didn't want to buy any candy. It's that the store didn't have any candy she wanted.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                          X