This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't you too young for that?!?

I just had someone come into the Field House to play intermural hockey who, I swear, had the smokers voice. The smoking for decades, several packs a week, eroded bronchial tubes voice. He was no more than 21, maybe 23 at the most. My optimism is telling he was just sick, playing hockey. But reality is telling me something different...
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

You'd need to be really sucking them down to have the whisky and cigarettes voice at that age. I'd say he was just sick, as people who are really that addicted to cigarettes would also smell and look of it as well.

Maybe he wants to be a voiceover or radio guy?
    - Boochan

Comment

Could be that he's sick and being a heavy smoker makes him being sick sound worse? I have a couple of friends like that.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I had considered him being sick, but when he came back from playing hockey to return the goalie gear he wasn't making the typical "exercising while sick" sounds and expressions.

Comment

If that's what he always sounds like imagine what he'll sound like when he's like 50.....specially if he does smoke a lot.
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Once a customer on the phone was hassling me about my "smoker's cough" - I quite indignantly said I had a BAD COLD and wasn't a smoker. So :P

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
              Could be that he's sick and being a heavy smoker makes him being sick sound worse? I have a couple of friends like that.
              What about Kim Carnes?

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                If that's what he always sounds like imagine what he'll sound like when he's like 50.....specially if he does smoke a lot.
                If he does smoke that much to get that kind of voice at that age he isn't going to make it to 50.
                "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Maybe his vocal cords were damaged by something else, like a childhood illness or injury.

Comment

In my want for optimism, I'm going to believe that Toujin is hopefully correct.

Comment

Can't you damage your vocal cords if you're intubated for too long?
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                      X