This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weirdness with job training.....

So, Two days ago I started training with my new job. Which makes only one CS from Omaha not working for this company now. For the most part I find everything Very easy and the people friendly and nice. But there are a couple things I wanted to share.

Mr. crazy or from now on MC, Decided he had to sit right next to me when there were only two people in the room. there were 19 open places to sit but he had to be right next to me. He seems a bit odd, and is! He informs me that I need to dye my hair because my roots are showing. (I dye it a more vibrant red than it is naturally) He says that he has to tell me this because he is a gay man. I found that a little rude. Every time he gets up he feels the need to pat my head or stroke my back. He keeps trying to have a conversation with me while the instructor is trying to explain stuff to me. As in the instructor is saying something that is important and he hits me on the arm and says stuff like "let's go out to lunch". (I did inform him to quit touching me if he likes to keep his hand)

And to top that all off that was all done int he first 4 hours!

The other trainees were shocked that I had never seen this man before in my life.

So on day two he comes in and pulls out his passport and sets it on the table. Why of all things to bring would you bring your passport to set on the table. I did ask him about it. He says he needed to show id. Which is fine. But to make a big production of it and setting it on the table like that? Put it away mr. Place it in your car??

Sot he instructor hands him an anagram thing of US states for us to kill time with. He is done first. He states out loud that he is done and that he has an IQ of 156. If that is true why is he one of the last people to have all work done?

I go in again today......only 8 more days training with him...yay?
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Wait what? When did Snap start out there? I need to pay attention more or stop reading when I'm drinking.

I like being the lone wolf. However if I ever lose this job, I might toss on some wool and join you all. *ducks and runs*
    Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

lol, who said I was not a wolf?
      My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
        lol, who said I was not a wolf?
        Time to show some teeth.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Apparently mr. crazy said to the others today that I am a Bit&^.

wo hoo he got the message that I dont like him.

Comment

Sounds Reeeeealy Irritating.
            I'm very uncomfortable with randoms just starting up like that. I mean a nice greeting, and maybe asking how your day is been/where your coming from and what your doing is fine in that situation. But touching you, and all that other weird stuff.. Very Inappropriate.
            - Boochan

Comment

So, I told the supervisor about it after discussing it with some of the other girls.

He was pulled aside.

I got pulled aside later because he tols the supervisor that he was upset because other knew why he was pulled aside.

I told the supervisor that they knew because I discussed it with the others. That they had problems as well. That I told them that I was going to report the problem.

in general I feel kinda meh about the whole situation. not good not bad. just meh.

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Just keep a positive attitude and don't dwell on this, if you're picking up the material/functioning well and playing nice with everyone else you'll do fine.

If you're cool about it and he's still making a scene they'll notice.

While it's important to be outgoing and friendly, there's a time and a place for it, and you need to know when you're crossing the line.

Other than that how's it all working out???

Bunny; snaps doesn't work in the same building or department as us, but it is the same company. She has for awhile from what I gather
                "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Yeah, I am playing nice. and i seem to have the best grasp on everything.

Comment

If you get pulled aside again, just tell them you were concerned about this issue, apologize for the misunderstanding, and ask them what is the proper way to file a sexual harassment complaint. Presto, no more being harassed by supervisors for daring to be harassed by a coworker.
                    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

sounds good. I dont think there will be a problem. I made a point to be nice and talk to him, and made sure the instructor saw this. He is now leary of me but that is alright. I am being treated with respect. and showing that I can play nice when I previously had a problem with someone.

Comment

Then this might even end up being a point in your favor. They already know that you can handle issues with coworkers professionally.

Good luck with the rest of your training!
                        "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X