This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got to put out a fire

I had a bit of fun today. The picking machines use large, interchangeable batteries, and they have ables in them to feed the power to the machine. So far, so good.

One of the machines - at the back end of the day - stopped suddenly. Bit of surprise for the driver and all around, and then we realised there was smoke starting to come from the front of the machine. The cable had been trapped all day and worn through, and ...

I finally got to use a fire extinguisher for the right reasons!

Rapscallion

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

...I finally got to use a fire extinguisher for the right reasons!...

Rapscallion
    Dare i ask what you have used it for before?
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I finally got to use a fire extinguisher for the right reasons!

Is it as rewarding a feeling as using one for the wrong reasons?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Did you see the movie "Soul Food?" My younger son reenacted the scene for us. Good thing we keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Is it as rewarding a feeling as using one for the wrong reasons?
          Going out on a limb here, but guessing Raps will feel as I did.

No. No it's not.

Although that awesome "whoooooooosh" sound is the same!

Comment

I once got paid to use a fire extinguisher. Repeatedly. For about four hours. It was fire safety training.

Unfortunately I'd parked my car downwind so it got covered in ABE powder.

Comment

We got a memo to throw out some Fire Extinguishers that had been in stock a couple of years, because they were out of date. We have a bad history of causing a mess (we ruined one of those tabletop fountains (mothers day stock) within a week by putting all sorts of crap in it), and we've almost set fire to certain fittings screwing around with Contact Cleaner, Butane, or Compressed Air and combining it with lighters when we were bored.

We somehow resisted the temptation to play with the fire extinguishers.. hehe.
              - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Oddly enough, nothing, but I learned long ago that phrasing things like the above is fun!

Rapscallion

Comment

Oddly enough, nothing, but I learned long ago that phrasing things like the above is fun!

Rapscallion
                  You and your so-called phrasing! Of course you can describe anything as a "so-called" whatever because it is called whatever it's called.

So, so-called Rapscallion, you used a so-called fire extinguisher to put out a so-called fire at your so-called job.

Comment

I used a fire extinguisher once.. and for the right reasons....

too bad it was the wrong extinguisher...

and probably in really the wrong place to use such a wrong extinguisher....

There was a parade in the main street, and someone had put a cigarette but in a garbage can, and it started to burn.

I used the powder extinguisher... had masses of smoke coming from it.. and masses of powder too

I don't think I won any popularity contests that day....
                    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      According to Mythbusters you can use one to quick-cool a 6-pack. :P
                      I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                      In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
                        According to Mythbusters you can use one to quick-cool a 6-pack. :P
                        True. DH used to do that on Friday afternoons when he was in the Army working in the Motor Pool.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

If you only want to quick cool one can, get one of those little cannisters of canned air (like the ones you use to "clean" your computer keyboard) a can of soda and a plastic container with a lid (The prepackaged containers of lunchmeat in the little GLAD containers is perfect).

Poke a hole in the side of the plastic container big enough to fit the straw from the can-o-air into. Put the soda in the container, put the lid on and let a rip! The chemicals in the compressed air can will cool the soda down to an nice icy temperature in about 6 seconds.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The rumour mill is now claiming that the guy driving the machine was driving so fast it set on fire, and that I stripped naked and threw msyelf onto the flames to put them out.

Rapscallion

Comment

The rumour mill is now claiming that the guy driving the machine was driving so fast it set on fire, and that I stripped naked and threw msyelf onto the flames to put them out.

Rapscallion
                              But that would make your fuzzyness melt away!
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                              X