Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend of mine isn't getting paid because why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine isn't getting paid because why?

We recently had a large layoff at work and as you can imagine, a lot of computer equipment needed to be sent back and most of it went though the IT department (myself and the other IT guy).

The general rule was if your laptop of PC didn't go back, you didn't get your severance pay.

One person who I've known for years (and someone the entire region was depressed that she was cut) is one of the people that corporate claims they never got her laptop.

I personally got her laptop, processed the return on it, and shipped it out. I was emailing back and fourth between an admin in my building (cool guy), myself, and people in the logistics IT department in charge for accounting for all of this stuff.

I kept on asking for an asset ID (corporate version of a serial number) so I could go though all of my paperwork to verify that it was sent back (everything I got was sent back properly). Finally, after over a week I get this asset ID and I quickly realize it is not an asset ID for a laptop. Time to look it up.

It's an NEC 17" CRT monitor.

One problem, this person hadn't used a CRT monitor in over 3 years. She's had a Dell 19" LCD monitor.

Sure enough, logistics insists that it is a laptop.

I finally copy and paste the information from our inventory tracking system (that they also had access to) and proved to them that it was a monitor and also showed them that she hadn't had a monitor like that in years. In fact, there is only one other monitor of that model still used in the office (and the asset ID did not match).

Sure enough, their emails quickly stopped after that. No apology, no verification, no, "we'll get her check out ASAP".
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I'm so sorry about your friend. Thank goodness you were there to go to bat for her.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      Sure enough, their emails quickly stopped after that. No apology, no verification, no, "we'll get her check out ASAP".

Obviously corporate has decided that you are "in on it" and are afraid of being scammed further if they talk to you.

After all, anyone who argues facts to the pointy-haired must be a crook...

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
        Obviously corporate has decided that you are "in on it" and are afraid of being scammed further if they talk to you.

After all, anyone who argues facts to the pointy-haired must be a crook...

*lol*

I spoke to the person not getting paid, they got an email soon after that stating that it was all cleared up.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
        X