This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just walked out of my job.

I talked to my AGM today about my schedule next week (i was only scheduled for 17 when I'm suppose to be FULL TIME).

She starts going off about how the other people have seniority... which is true, but one of the guys knows NOTHING about working with the people at the register, he just knows where the buttons are.

Then she goes off on a tirade about how she's gotten complaints from other people me, and how others have been fired over the same thing...

Oh REALLY!? Then how come I was never even told about these complaints, let alone written up or fired? You lying sack of ****.

She says that the schedule is gonna be like this for awhile... well guess, what, screw you then... good bye.

I took my shirt off, laid it on her desk with a simeple note that said

<K>
    GOODBYE!
    - <ME>

and I left...

I feel bad for leaving the new trained there alone, but if she had handled the situation in a more professional manner rather than going off on a tirade about random B.S. lies and stuff, it would have been different.

I know it's not the best way to handle things, but you know what, it got my point across...

If they're cutting my hours, trying to fit two more people onto the shift and then hiring a NEW desk person... how the hell am I suppose to make 40 hours a week!?

Screw you guys... I'm going home.
    <Insert clever signature here>

Thank you Cartman.

But I can't believe you quit! Huzzah!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Awww...no more bowling alley stories.

You're soooo selfish!!

I'm pretty sure you will get a call begging you to come back unless they were trying to get rid of you. Unfortunately, I've seen companies reduce hours like that in order to get the employee to quit.

Comment

Holy moley I never thought you'd actually walk out. Okay, who do I owe the 5$ to?
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Okay, who do I owe the 5$ to?

Although I do believe our agreement was for £5 rather than dollars...
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

hm, something must be up because £5 converted into US dollars is 2.52270 GBP.

Crazylegs, I'd take the $5 USD and wait until the US dollar completely deflates before cashing it over.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post

Although I do believe our agreement was for £5 rather than dollars...
              *Hands over the 5$*

Sorry, mate, just 'cause I got friends in the British Isles, it doesn't mean I have the currency. Most I got is a 5 pence coin.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

Crazylegs, I'd take the $5 USD and wait until the US dollar completely deflates before cashing it over.
              Had to remind me about the Americana Dollar being in the crapper, didn't you?

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Had to remind me about the Americana Dollar being in the crapper, didn't you?
                Yes. Yes I did.

Comment

I hope you find a new job soon.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Holy biscuit.

Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You did what you thought was right. No one can fault you for that. Your manager, should not have lied.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        Um, according to this site http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html#GBP=5 £5 is worth around $9.90 where as $5 is worth £2.52, so I'll take the £5 please!
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

My previous boss did something like that, part of his longwinded, overcomplicated explanation was "there have been mistakes made"...OK, why wasn't this brought up when you saw them so they could be fixed?*

* "Mistakes" likely meant "I don't like what you're doing and you can't possibly explain it in a way I will like"

I have about 40 GBP kicking around in my wallet, I'm never sure when I should cash it in.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            Um, according to this site http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html#GBP=5 £5 is worth around $9.90 where as $5 is worth £2.52, so I'll take the £5 please!
                            Uhm......FLEA-BIT! I NEED TO BORROW A £5 NOTE! I just KNOW I'm gonna pay for that one.

Comment

Way to tell it to the AGM. I hope you find something soon.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X