This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with car dealer

I am about 45 minutes away from having an interview with a local car dealer for an open sales position.
    Op.125

Be positive, and outgoing. FORCEFULLY SO. Car dealers all have their own tricks, but you have to be someone who people NOTICE to get in the front door. Good luck!

Comment

Um, wrong section? Moving to General Work Chat.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Um, wrong section? Moving to General Work Chat.

Rapscallion
        Sorry about that, Rap. I didn't quite pay attention to where I posted it.

The interview went okay and the interviewer was quite surprised that I actually followed up on something I put in my introductory letter. Calls for second interviews are going out on Friday.
        Op.125

Comment

I've sold new cars during college and in the past few years before working for Flowers O Suck. It's actually a fun profession, you just have to never take the rejection personally, be honest, upbeat and helpful and you'll make a ton of money. The only problem I had is that it was an average of 10 and 12 hour days. I'm too old to stand on my feet that long on the concrete chasing customers.

There is no bigger thrill than subtly convincing someone into buying a 30K automobile knowing you're about to make a hellabig commission on it.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Being a vendor rep, I am a recipient of both accolades and complaints. I have had many rejections, so it's a part of living that is a way of telling me to move on. I have worked 10 to 12 hour days before, though it's been about two and a half years since that has happened. Thank you for your support, I will keep you posted.
            Op.125

Comment

Working...
            X