This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridal Shop Interview

Despite the fact that I've only been at my job at the dealership for about a month and a half, business has been lackluster due to the economy. Aside from that, the corporation that owns the dealership and some others in and out of state, will come to visit next week. Besides that,my department will be losing our best program for our internet leads and the leads will now come from corporate, which will be harder for us to get appointments from customers. I'm not sure what will transpire once corporate comes in, but to be honest I'm a little nervous. I've been posting up my resumes online just in case (God forbid) at the dealership, but luckily I found a posting online to work weekends (around 14 hours a week more or less) at a bridal shop. I'll be greeting brides and taking down basic info from them to make appointments. Thankfully the bridal shop is close to where I live and by my dealership, so it'll be a breeze with the bus. I got the interview this afternoon and I'm excited! I hope I get the job, because I could use the extra cash to save up for a car and to pay some stuff off. Wish me luck!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Good luck! Let us know what happens!
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

That's awesome that you found the job and good luck on getting it.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Yeah, good luck! My pals that have worked at bridal shops have all walked away with some amazingly crazy assed stories. Brides + wedding preparations = super crazy
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Good luck !

A friend of mine worked in a bridal department of a very upscale department store. When people were nice they were wonderful, when people were awful they were really awful. It's all high stress. Her least favourite thing wasn't the odd nasty customer though - it was the fainting brides.

Seriously, they couldn't go a week without one of the brides becoming over emotional and keeling over in the wedding dress they were trying on

Maybe take smelling salts ?

For the (vast majority) of nice customers - it was very enjoyable helping them prepare for something so significant.

Victoria J

Comment

I'll keep y'all posted , but if/when I get the job, I will post up some juicy stories.

Comment

Juicy?

Psychotic!
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Best of luck.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

*oodles of luck*
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

**Update**

I thought I wasn't gonna get it,or even be considered since I came a couple of minutes late due to the bus lagging on me , but it surprisingly and thankfully it went good. The lady wanted to hire me on the spot, but the problem is that I work every other weekend (on a rotational basis) 4 hours on Saturday and 4 on Sunday and the bridal shop wants somebody that can work about 5-6 hours a day every weekend. She wanted to have me work this weekend, but I'm scheduled to work this weekend. I told my fiance and MIL, they said that it's a good thing,but I have to stick with the dealership since it's my primary job and the fact that I have full time hours there and benefits and that it might affect my job in a detrimental way. I'll talk with my boss first to ask what would happen if I take the bridal shop job and have to cut weekends off my schedule at the dealership. I have to call her Friday afternoon to let her know if it's a yes or no. I just hope that I won't lose my job at the dealership just because I want to take some side work for extra cash.

Comment

Working...
                    X