This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Caught Me

So, my supervisor finally caught me staying late yesterday and I got reprimanded for it. I am supposed to leave right when my shift is over, but the thing is that I am not able to get everything done that I need to get done during my shift. There is always something else coming up, always something else to do. They never hired a person for the evening shift (I think because they can't find anyone) so the house manager covers the evening shift, although that isn't supposed to be their job. So I need to do all the prep work for the evening shift before I leave. At first I drove myself INSANE running around trying to get everything done, but eventually I just threw my hands up in the air and figured if I have stay a little late, it's better than stressing myself out.

So I'd been staying 10-20 minutes late every day, even though I don't get paid for it, but I'd rather take my time rather than literally run around and stress out. But yesterday my supervisor caught me punching out 20 minutes late and let me have it. Damn. So I guess it's back to stressing out...I wish they would just let ME take over the evening shift as well, that way I could leave some stuff for myself to do and not have to feel guilty about it.

If they don't give you time to get everything one, don't do it. Next time the manager comes on to cover the evening shift, point out to him/her that you don't have time to do things and you aren't allowed to stay late.

If it causes trouble for the manager doing the evening shift, then possibly somethingwill get done to change things.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Work at a reasonable pace. Do what you can.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I'll third cinema guy and marasbaras. Do what you can in the time alloted. What you can't get done, doesn't get done. They'll either hire someone or pay you for the time; it's not your responsibility.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Do what you can in the time you have? If you don't finish, management might take that as a sign that you can't complete your tasks and do something drastic. I wouldn't worry about them hiring another person, I'd worry about them coming to the wrong conclusion about you.

Comment

If that's a conclusion they're likely to come to, they'll do it anyway. Especially as Sable has been caught staying after.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
            X