This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we scared the 7-11 clerk

I don't know if this belongs here or in sightings (MODS feel free to move if necessary), it wasn't at work but it involved coworkers...
    There's kind of a running joke in the office that J is the pessimist, no matter what the question the answer is NO... and I'm somewhat of the office optimist so my answer is normally YES, so now the 2 of us will just randomly say no and yes to each other for no apparent reason (inside joke at it's finest).

anyway, now that you have the background on to the story
    I walk into 7-11 and see J up at the counter paying for his drink so out of nowhere I yell across the store "hey J, just in case you're wondering, the answer is still yes"
    J without missing a beat turns and yells "God, work hasn't even started yet and already I'm having to tell you no"

the 7-11 clerk just had a look and tried to hide behind the pizza display...

yup, I don't like the job but I love my coworkers
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Sounds like you had fun.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Sounds like you had fun.
      you know what would be really funny, if the 7-11 clerk was a member of the board and he posted us in the sucky customers section without checking here (i don't think he's a member of the board though).

Comment

That would be hilarious!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I scared a waitress once by having an in-depth conversation with a couple of friends about forensics and human decomposition during breakfast at IHOP. We noticed that she was hovering nearby, looked, and she was looking back at us, a little green around the gills.

We shut up.

Until she left. Then we started back up.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

When I was in high school I was the announcer and bookkeeper for the girl's basketball team. Myself and one of the player's sisters would joke around with each other calling each other "punk" or "snob". One day my dad and I ran into Circuit City to get something and I rounded a corner and the girl was there. We started in on each other like normal, with my dad looking at us saying "I hope you know each other". the look on his face for the first couple seconds was that of "Aw, crap...what has my son gotten himself into?"

Oh, and hauntedheadnc, those kind of stories are great to tell around the dinner table. I was at a county fire association dinner one time where the topic of conversation was accident reconstruction. The meal? Spaghetti and sauce. :-p
            Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I gave a DMV clerk quite a scare once, and I didn't mean to. I had to drop off a form, which I had in my inside coat pocket. Without thinking, when it was my turn, I walked up to the desk, and reached inside my coat for it. That, coupled with my naturally pissed-off expression, made her think I was reaching for a gun.

I felt like such a jerk when she told me I had frightened her.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

me and the boy scared a poor SA once. We were wandering through a clothes shop seeing if anything in there would actually suit me and were talking about a recent Live Role-playing game we'd been too...
                And she was tidying up near us as I came out with 'Of course hitting him with the chainsaw helped. Yay, my first kill!'
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Hey Ginger... I've done that... but then, the RPG crowd often will from time to time.... It's fun

Oh - Smiley...NO! Just, NO... ok?

Slyt
                  When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth daleduke17 View Post

Oh, and hauntedheadnc, those kind of stories are great to tell around the dinner table. I was at a county fire association dinner one time where the topic of conversation was accident reconstruction. The meal? Spaghetti and sauce.
                    Well that's perfect for those of us who need visual aids.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                      Hey Ginger... I've done that... but then, the RPG crowd often will from time to time.... It's fun

Slyt
                      Did something similar in an pub I was a regular at, had in depth discussions about performing guerilla actions against a communist held city (Twilight 2000), although I think we peaked their 'WTFometer!'with a game of Nuclear War "Sod You - eat 100 Megatons and a supervirus"
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post

Slyt
                        ok slyt, you had me fooled for a while, but now I know you don't really live in australia...
                        oh and J, the answer is still yes!

Comment

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
                          I was at a county fire association dinner one time where the topic of conversation was accident reconstruction. The meal? Spaghetti and sauce. :-p
                          Boy am I glad I wasn't eating anything!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ahem, I was. But it was only spam with green beans and a noodle side dish. And I was like: Daughter thought I was crazy for a moment.

Comment

Working...
                            X