This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the insanity stop?

The past two nights have had me, the perpetual closing manager, working til about 3 and 1/2 hours after close . An hour past close is on a normally busy night, two hours on Friday-Saturday night thats extremely busy. But these two nights, I haven't even got all my paper work done- nothing crucial, but still 3 1/2 hours past close is INSANE in the hut- I'm only scheduled to take half an hour to close.

Thursday night- We have two freezers- then one decided to die- around 10 it was getting higher temps but still with in frozen range, then I checked it at 11:30- no. So then it was mad rush to figure out how to get alllllllll the dough from one dying freezer - that is considerably bigger than the working freezer. At least once I had to start from about scratch when in entire stack of dough nearly fell on me. So then I had to prep up some dough that had gone a little bit soft and would have been lost. Then I had to break down the maketable and go about finishing the rest of my work . So yeah I got out of there at 2:30AM on an 11 o'clock close- not really fun,especially considering that my store is in a shopping center right next to an apartment complex that has a reputation for being ....less than stellar- cops come through that particular complex frequently and it's not to socialize.

Last night, Friday night. As per usual, got a pop in the last hour between 11 and Midnight, (I HATE that extra hour on Friday and Saturday) and my closing driver didn't get back til 12:30 from his last run, meaning I couldn't even start really any of my closing paper work until then - he had my last credit card and last order w/ a coupon on it. So that took some time. Then I had to keep checking the OTHER freezer cause it had been running highish- just about at 10 degrees Farenheight which is juuuust at the cut off for food safety. By the time I clocked out at 3:10 or so, it had settled on 4 degrees Farenheight, but damn was I paranoid. So between that and more dough prep, and STILL not getting my paper work all done (though today all I have to do is sign the tickets that didn't have coupons ) And because I was rather tired from the night before, I was easily distracted by every noise in that place and I was MAJORLY dragging. So, at 3:23 I was finally in my car heading home.

I REALLY want a slow day today. I would love to be home before 3 AM, really I would
    Last edited by jigshoes86; 06-21-2008, 05:04 PM. Reason: I left something out that was kinda crucial
    Yes- I'm the supervisor today
    Yes I'm young
    Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Suddenly, I'm REALLY Glad I don't work in a pizza joint.

At least you're getting paid for all that time....right?
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post

At least you're getting paid for all that time....right?
      Yes, yes, being a shift manager has ONE advantage- I'm still hourly. That is about the ONLY thing that takes some of the sting away, the thought of the paychecks, and how all the hours I've pulled this year will add up to next years vacation time (I get double my average weeks hours ) . That's why I'm glad my G.M. doesn't chew me out for being so late past scheduled.

Oh, and another thing that keeps me slightly more sane, - I can blast the radio to whatever volume I see fit - normally ear bleed, and listen to whatever I want.
      Yes- I'm the supervisor today
      Yes I'm young
      Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Comment

Working...
      X