This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate "welcomes" employee suggestions

Last week we got a box delivred from corporate. It was just some posters for the break room. They finally got around to putting them up today.

Poster # 1: This poster was how the company is "going green." In reality common sense money saving things such as planning truck routes, using energy efficient equipment, etc.

Poster # 2: The really good one. This one "welcomed" employee suggestions on how to save the company money and increase sales. Now, i found that hilarious as employees in my store have mentioned numerous things we can do to help sales, but no one listens. Many of these would require a very small investment or no investment. The following in my favorite example.

In my store our roll and bagel display has our rolls and bagels in individual compartments. This in in high traffic, to get to the milk/dairy/frozen/ pet food you have to go by it. As part of the bin they installed a refrigerated section. They used to have little mini cream cheeses and butters. They we discontinued because of too much theft years ago. After that they "shut off" the refrigerated section by setting the thermostat up to to the highest setting of about 70 degrees F. It still turns on a few times a day and cools down a few degrees.

Now we also sell little singe serve cakes, including strawberry shortcakes. Since they require refrigeration we have to have the in our cake area, kind of out of the way of most people unless they want a cake. My simple idea. Turn down the thermostat to 40 degrees and place regular cream cheeses and the little very popular, but had to find, single serve cakes in this area. Tons of people will walk by and see it, and hopefully buy them.

Our GM loved the idea but needed DM approval(proper code to access the computer controlled refrigeration system) to turn it on. The GM wrote an e-mail to the DM, but in the DM eyes, he would need more "research" to decide if it wold be profitable. Ok, the system is in place not like I am asking to spend 10 grand "just to see what happens" all he needs to do is use a few clicks of the mouse to turn it on and see what happens. If it doesn't we shut it off again.

That poster maid me laugh so hard.

Ah the old, make the employees think that we care and listen routine. Gotcha
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Gotta love that routine, because it really just shows you how much they just don't care.

Gotta love the going green approach too. I mean a store went "green" near my house. What did they do to go green? They tore the place down to the studs, tossed everything into a dumpster, rebuilt the place and added some skylights, new refridgeration, etc. But still. The walls in the store weren't bad, the shelving in the store wasn't bad. I mean I'm ok for going green, but can't they do it without causing so much garbage?
      "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        Our GM loved the idea but needed DM approval(proper code to access the computer controlled refrigeration system) to turn it on. The GM wrote an e-mail to the DM, but in the DM eyes, he would need more "research" to decide if it wold be profitable. Ok, the system is in place not like I am asking to spend 10 grand "just to see what happens" all he needs to do is use a few clicks of the mouse to turn it on and see what happens. If it doesn't we shut it off again.
        I looked though a book on systems analysis. Some good ideas in there, but seriously, occasionally they need to ditch the formulas and charts and test groups and just do the "try it and see what happens" approach, as it's much less time, effort, and money.

Comment

Going Green =pinching pennies in a way that masks that they're caring about the environment.

Welcoming employee suggestions = No matter how many suggestions you write and send, they won't read them. They just want you to think they care.

I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

i always believed that all of the suggestions made by employees were saved up over the course of the year. at the annual christmas party, all of the suggestions would be wheeld out and the corporate big whigs would have a good laugh as they were read out loud. now to find proof...

Comment

I would love it, if every business went green.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                I would love it, if every business went green.
                Yeah, but how do you get Archery Ranges to go green? Besides using recycled paper that is.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  Yeah, but how do you get Archery Ranges to go green? Besides using recycled paper that is.
                  Biodegradable arrow tips and feathers?

And maybe aluminum slugs for rifle ranges.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    And maybe aluminum slugs for rifle ranges.
                    the only problem with that idea is that aluminum has such a low melting point that it would leave puddles in the barrels. now the all copper slugs are wonderful and are pretty easy to recycle.
                    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                      the only problem with that idea is that aluminum has such a low melting point that it would leave puddles in the barrels. now the all copper slugs are wonderful and are pretty easy to recycle.
                      [/foghorn leghorn]
                      These are the jokes son! Try to keep up!

<aside> Nice boy, but he's about as bright as wet gunpowder.
                      [/foghorn leghorn off]

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        [/foghorn leghorn]
                        These are the jokes son! Try to keep up!

<aside> Nice boy, but he's about as bright as wet gunpowder.
                        [/foghorn leghorn off]

wit as sharp as wet tp, [/sarcasm] <clarification> while it sounded like i was tryin to be smart sounding, the local gun range tried something like that. then after the 14 lawsuits they switched to steel rounds.
                        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X