This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged journalism

I hate "current affairs" shows. Tonight one's running a special report on how service stations supposedly water down the petrol and pretend pumps are out of order when the price is low.

I just know I'm going to have to deal with f******ds who watch the show and believe it and come in demanding free crap because it said on TV that we scam them.

If your petrol contains as much water as they say it does, your car won't start. So far, all cases of out-of-order signs on pumps which have been investigated by authorities have involved broken pumps, empty storage tanks, or some other problem that renders the pump unusable.

I'm not saying such shows lie, just that if they said the Pope was Catholic I'd send him a Bah Mitzfa gift.

unfortunately these "news" shows are mostly just trying to make people want to watch. most ive seen have as much research as a 3rd grade school news paper. the only news i trust is my local station, and then i take everything they say with a grain of salt.

the "scam watchers" type of show make me laugh. its more entertainment than news. just remember that most of the people watching them are the same who were drooling over geraldos "capone vault" show.
    now i will retreat to my cave before the fratching police show up.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

My shift was OK, apparently all the mouth breathers came out right after the segment aired and annoyed last night's evening shift.

Comment

Working...
      X