This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is odd

There's a message on the Voicemail this morning. Call Brian at 555-555-5565 about a job we are bidding.

So I call that number only to be told it's no longer in service. I call it again to make sure I had dialed correctly.

So, I call the company's main line. Explain the situation only to be told that Brian is no longer with the company.

So I ask whom I can speak to, and I'm sent to Dave.

Dave promptly laughs and says he doesn't understand why he keeps getting calls for this job as he isn't in charge of it (and knows nothing about it).

I explain the whole phone number/Brian thing, and he knows nothing.

Says to me "I'm going to go to the plan room and have them take me off this project since I was never on it. Call me back in a few and I'll see if I can find out whom you need to speak to"

I thank him, and I call him back. To be told he's in a meeting for the next hour or more.

So I guess if Brian was fired yesterday, that would explain the number not working. And maybe Dave is in the meeting because he is in fact in charge of this job.

Oughta be a fun afternoon trying to figure this out.

Ain't construction fun?

We get lots of frenzied work around here because some of our residents (low-income housing) have a tendancy not to call about problems that can get buildings condemmed. It's also never good to see the maintenance guys talking about cleaning out an apartment while walking out the door with snowshovels.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      We get lots of frenzied work around here because some of our residents (low-income housing) have a tendancy not to call about problems that can get buildings condemmed. It's also never good to see the maintenance guys talking about cleaning out an apartment while walking out the door with snowshovels.
      See, and when those buildings get condemned they knock them down and build mid rise condos that they sell for over $500k, and then I have work to do.

Anyway, I've seen the cleaning with snowshovels thing, and it's never a good sign.

Comment

Anyway, I've seen the cleaning with snowshovels thing, and it's never a good sign.
        What is even worse, is when they show up to clean out a foreclosed/eviction property with wheelbarrows, coal shovels and leave rakes.

Comment

My parents had a janitorial service many years ago. One eviction was so bad, the local volunteer fire department was paid by the owner to bring in their trucks and hose the place out, before my parents went in a few days later to do the rest of the cleaning.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
            So I guess if Brian was fired yesterday, that would explain the number not working. And maybe Dave is in the meeting because he is in fact in charge of this job.

Oughta be a fun afternoon trying to figure this out.
            Or it could be that since Brian knew his termination was on the cards he spread shit far and wide and left it to everyone else to clean up...
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
            X