This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird computer message

OK, so for the first time in A LONG time my day was balanced, perfectly, cash was perfect (enough, off by like 3 pennies, which I happily provided from my pocket not to have to deal with), credit card transactions matched up with what SoftHotel said they should be... everything is perfect... and I get this message

It appears that your batch is IN balance
    Would you like to continue on close of day
    (click yes to continue, no to go back and balance your batch)

Ok, someone out there tell me... why on Earth would I want to go messing around with my batch after having the computer tell me that I am perfect?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Because whoever programmed it thinks that being perfect once in a while is not possible?
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

They don't believe it that's why. It's giving you a chance to fess up.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Sounds like one from the early days of computerized billing - one guy had a credit card he didn't use on a regular basis, and the balance was $0.00. The computer saw that it hadn't received a payment, and sent increasingly nasty letters demanding that he pay his balance of $0.00 or his account would be sent to collections. The only way to shut it up (other than getting the credit card company to fix their program to recognize this as a case where the account didn't need to be paid, but that makes sense so it's not allowed) was to send it a cheque for $0.00 every month.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X