This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my work computer

Last night my computer asked me if I wanted to adjust a credit card batch that was perfectly balanced... tonight it topped itself

"changing rooms changes the rate from $79 to $(1), do you wish to change rate, yes or no"

I shit you not, my computer was trying to pay guests a dollar to stay here when I changed the room type...
    the beauty of SoftHotel.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Bwaaaa.....

Makes me miss MotelMax. Simplest hotel software Ever. Hell, it's so simple, you can download it for free. There's no support on it, but it's also such a small program that if something goes wrong, you just reboot and the problem is fixed.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ours has this little glitch sometimes that asks when rates get changed, "Do you want to change the rate to, "$999,999,999"? How is this rate even programed into the computer??? lol ($1) is facinating also...
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
        Ours has this little glitch sometimes that asks when rates get changed, "Do you want to change the rate to, "$999,999,999"? How is this rate even programed into the computer??? lol ($1) is facinating also...
        It may not be. Without getting into a whole lot of boring details about how computers work, $999,999,999 might simply be the maximum possible value that the program stores any dollar amount as (envision some programmer trying to get this software built and thinking: well it's unlikely any currency system will be charging a BILLION for a hotel...). That probably means some other kind of bug is occurring (probably with bad math) to make it think the max value applies here.

Complete guessing of course since I've never used your program, but these kinds of things show up elsewhere
        Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Working...
        X