X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He cursed us, I swear!

Blah. Today just was not a good day.

While I was setting up shop, a guy drove past the drive thru window, glaring. I think he put some type of curse on the store for opening at 6 instead of 5( Open at 5 everyday, but Sundays).

First, the coffeepot breaks in my hand. I jumped back far enough in the nick of time just to get a few drops of coffee on me. We have had three coffepots break in two weeks. I'm wondering if there is some sort of defect with our pots. Then right after that, someone in DT orders eight (yes EIGHT) small coffees. Son of a pocked whore!

Then, I discover our DT pop machine isn't working. It dispenses only syrup and very little soda. Our lobby one works just fine, so I had to run back and forth from lobby to DT to get soda. We used to have a machine like the one in lobby, except with buttons with the sizes so the soda is calibrated and whatnot. Then we HAD to replace it with a POS machine that is wired to where we type it in on the computer where we do our orders and it makes the drinks. It never gets the right amount and always breaks down. POS.

Then, our DT coffee maker hasn't been working for days. It always overflows now, so we have to keep an eye on it and quickly put another pot once the orginal pot is full. The front window people haven't really gotten into the workflow, so coffee was runnign low. Eventually, I had to make it in DT and keep an eye on it. Hard to do when you are taking orders and the cash person doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

Since the two window people haven't really gotten into the workflow, the shift manager was getting angry and yelling alot. She's pretty well known for it. I told the girls afterwards never to take it personally. She was just stressed out with the predicament and I had to go through it when I was newer. Her yelling actually helps you to be more determined and work harder. Once you are "trained", you won't get yelled at as much and she will love you. I know it sounds harsh, but every single crew trainer and manager young enough worked with this manager regulary. That means something.

Finally, the shift manager's daughter dropped off two pitchers for us to use. Since Coke and Diet Coke were the sodas being used the most, we just kept filling those up with those drinks and getting any other pop from lobby.

And of course, no day where nothing is working is complete without the asshats. People complaining left and right about food, how we were being "slow." and whatnot. Um, hello? Are you not seeing us struggle? Even with all the drink problems, we still got a pretty good KVS time, so I dunno how we were too slow.

People in DT also complained about our screen outside not working. Some weeks ago, a big storm hit (while I was at an outdoor concert,mind you) and messed up our system. Our DT outside screen still hasn't recovered. It's not my fault. I'll read your stuff back to you (which I did pretty much everytime to ensure correctness). Of course, even after I read it and they get their stuff, it's wrong or they change their minds at the last second.

Hmmm...what else?

Oh yeah! I cut my right hand twice on I dunno what. Yay bandaid covered hands!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Wow. Rough week.

*hands over cookies*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thanks.

*shares cookies*
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

When I worked at a bookstore back in my teens, we did have a guy try to put a curse on the store. He was surprised when I bounced it back at him, and then he left in a hurry, looking rattled.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
        X