X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think you thought your announcement all the way through

At work the other day, the following came over the intercom:

"Attention, customers. The owner of a red Ford POS, license number 123 ABC, your passenger door is open." <repeats>

First: Why couldn't the person who reported this have just pushed the door shut?

Second: I can understand wanting to alert the owner to possible theft, but if there wasn't already a theft, announcing the description and license to the whole store certainly increases the odds that there WILL be.

I think better solution would have been to follow the reporting party out to the car, close the door and ask the owners of that car to report to the service desk to explain the situation.

Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
    At work the other day, the following came over the intercom:

"Attention, customers. The owner of a red Ford POS, license number 123 ABC, your passenger door is open." <repeats>

First: Why couldn't the person who reported this have just pushed the door shut?

Second: I can understand wanting to alert the owner to possible theft, but if there wasn't already a theft, announcing the description and license to the whole store certainly increases the odds that there WILL be.

I think better solution would have been to follow the reporting party out to the car, close the door and ask the owners of that car to report to the service desk to explain the situation.
    Count me as one of those people that would not just shut the door. Back when we used to have this thing called "common sense" it would not be a problem to shut it. I have learned to just keep my hands off other peoples stuff. Its just not worth it in the long run. I would have reported it however. Its pretty sad that things have gotten to this point where you can be sued for anything even though you just did the right thing.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

When I worked for a Car Parker at the calgary stamped,e we were told to NOT touch vehicles no matter what unless there was a danger (Not on fire, mind you, but say about to roll away). Not even to close a door.

We couldnt even help women with their baby carriages incase we broke it/hurt the baby.

Stupid, I thought, but meh
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
        Its pretty sad that things have gotten to this point where you can be sued for anything even though you just did the right thing.
        I agree, it's very sad. It might just be my small-town Midwestern mentality, but I still like to think doing little things to help others is rewarding more often than not. There's no discounting a criminal element anywhere anymore, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
        X