This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must think positively...

The powers that be (Corporate) have conceived of a brilliant, new idea. Don't shudder yet.

They have decided that they, meaning we the store employees, are going to start delivering treats to customers at home. Yes you read that correctly. A few of the stores are trialing the pizza delivery style of taking shakes, sundaes, cones, etc to the homes of customers. There are limitations to the delivery service: there is a minimum purchase of $15 and is only for about 5 hours in the evening and stops an hour before closing time.

Although there are many, many plausible faults with this idea, I'm only going to focus on the positive possibilities that exist.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

I wish someone near me would deliver yummy ice cream goodness. Well, someone besides that rip off artist known as the ice cream man. $3.00 for a push pop? It's insane! But I digress ...

I am sure that could turn into a real pain for the employees, but look at the bright side. Maybe maw and paw Jones will order in, instead of bringing their 12 screaming kids into your store.

Is there going to be one employee dedicated to deliveries? Will they be using their personal vehicle or a work-provided one? Important considerations, because as a delivery driver, you pay extra in insurance, gas and upkeep.

Good luck! Hope it doesn't suck too bad, though at first, I fear the suck may be inevitable.
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg
      Is there going to be one employee dedicated to deliveries? Will they be using their personal vehicle or a work-provided one? Important considerations, because as a delivery driver, you pay extra in insurance, gas and upkeep.
      I have no idea. Most, if not all, of the store managers have probably asked the same questions. Thanks for the positive vibes, I'm hoping the good outweighs the bad.
      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

How about melting ice cream? That's the first problem I see. Other than that, it's not a bad idea, if they've figured out what to do about gas/insurance/upkeep on vehicles.

Comment

I'm more interested in, "You gave me something free last time, and even though I'm now outside your timings for this I want it this time..."

No better way to encourage EWs.

Rapscallion

Comment

How about melting ice cream?
            They make these insulated bags that would probably do nicely for that, even in hot weather. Obviously, the driver can't be driving around holding a cone ... although the visual makes me giggle a little bit.
            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
            X