This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many are they planning to lose??

Ok, so when I worked in Member Services, we usually had 8 people on the phone, with a manager and a supervisor. During high phone traffic, we didn't always have the people to get our jobs done quickly.

Now, I understand that times are a little tough right now, and entertainment is usually the first thing to be cut from people's budgets. I get that we have to lay some people off.

But we lost another person from that department today, bringing that department down to...4 people on phones.

Yeah...that can't be good. 4 freakin' people to handle hundreds of phone calls a week? Plus processing every check that comes in, and answering members' emails, again, hundreds a week.

Management ALWAYS screws that department over. We recently published our latest newsletter (written in large part by yours truly--if you go to my org's website, you can download it! /shameless plug) and instead of printing it, we put it online as a PDF to save printing and mailing costs. Not a great idea, but understandable.

Did management tell Member Services this? No. I had to bug them to remind them that MS would be getting calls about it!

When they added a new promotion to an event, did they tell MS? Nope, I had to remind them again.

It's just sickening to watch them screw that department over, again and again and again, always making their jobs harder and paying them the least of any of the other employees.

I'm thankful I don't work in that department anymore, but I hate seeing them get brushed off and I'm damned if I'll just shrug and let it go.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com
Working...
X