This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should know better....

I received a complaint from a client the other day, rare for me. Basically outside of service hours we take tech support calls and open cases, then the tech calls in in the morning to pick them up.

When he called in the other day I gave him all the cases from the previous night.....but not the ones from yesterday. Because, well, we only pass the ones from over night. Ones from yesterday are, logically, cases that should have already been picked up by him.

So he called in later to complain I didn't give him others. I got an email from the floor manager asking me what happened and telling me manager B would talk to me about it tomorrow. So manager B gets in and we have this conversation:

B: "Ok, so what happened with this call? Why didn't you pass them?"
    Me: "Because they were from the day before."
    B: "Thanks, thats all I needed to know."
    Me: "We've always just handled the evening cases."
    B: "I know. But you should know better then to try and apply logic by now."
    Me: "My bad."

Long story short, I was cleared of any wrongdoing. ;p

But yeah, I really should know better by now. ><

Yeah, geez, Gravekeeper, we expect better of you, and what do you do? You continue to do what you've been doing.

Also, holy crap? First post in a GK thread?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

But you should know better then to try and apply logic by now."
      Says it all, doesn't it???

and Juwl.. not only was yours first, but it was 4 hours after the OP!!! THAT's the surprising bit!!!
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

At least you were cleared.

Slyt, didn't you know? Juwl doesn't sleep. She stalks GK when no one's looking.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Juwl doesn't sleep. She stalks GK when no one's looking.
          Damn, it certainly feels that way with the new job...
          And, how did you know I stalk GK? No one's ever looking when I do...
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Because I stalk GK on the weekends.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

....stalking aside, in all fairness I don't usually post on this board. So it was a sneak attack. -.-

Comment

True enough. Must be the full moon out there. Gravekeeper isn't acting like himself.

Comment

I'm glad your manager at least had the sense to back you up. Too many others post about getting in trouble for not doing the impossible.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                  X