This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning ahead of time

So over the summer, the college works on a 4 day work week instead of a 5 day. Most people are off on Fridays and everything but us (Police), Admissions, Financial Aid, Cashiers, and Counseling is closed. My office is right next to the book store.

Way too many times today I have had people walk up to the bookstore and look at the door and sigh. Then they mutter about how far they drove to get their books. I had one lady come up and bitch at me. She wanted to know why on earth the bookstore was closed and then walked off before I could say anything. Another lady bitched to the guy she was with about how they drove an hour and a half.

If you have to make a 3 hour drive round trip just to get your books and that's all you're planning on making the trip for, wouldn't you call first? I mean, yeah, I can see how people would assume we would have everything open on Fridays. But if you're making that long of a drive, don't assume! Make sure. I just don't get it. If I was driving that far to go somewhere, I'd want to know for sure that they'd be open.

Walking up to the bookstore and sighing seems to be todays game of choice.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Why go to a campus during what is effectivly the close season and expect anything to be open?

A phone call is, prudent, to say the least.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Heh heh...we sometimes get the people who look all disappointed and say, "But I drove two hours because I KNEW you would have it!"

No, you ASSUMED we would have it. That's when I say, "For future reference, it's always a good idea to call first..."
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Something similar happened when I went to pick up a novel I preordered.

I get off work at 5pm. And it takes me about 40 minutes to get home. I asked my dad to call ahead to make sure the store would be open by the time we go there. The stores about 30 minutes away. I thought it would be open until 9pm, but some places close early on Saturdays, so I wanted to be sure.

I got home and asked my dad if he called. He nodded and we headed out.

We go to the mall at 6:15 to find the book store and all the other stores locked. I looked up at a sign that said "***** Mall. Sunday= 12-5 Monday to Friday= 9 to 9 Saturday= 9-6"

Me= Dad, you didn't call did you.
        Dad= No, but they probably wouldn't have kept the store open.
        Me= Yes Daddy, but we would have saved ourselves an hour if you had.
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
        X