This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Customers

I work phone technical support in a call center, but I hate it when as soon as I answer the phone with my greeting, the jerk on the other end is talking at me WHILE I am stating my greeting. Damn! You are that self absorbed that you can't be bothered to hear the greeting and you want to go straight into your problem?! UGH!!! Then, they will ask, what's your name? Well my name was in the greeting and you would have heard it if you would have shut the hell up when I answered. Now usually when they do this, I give a pause. The SC will usually go to yelling HELLO, HELLO, like some retard! I then re-state the entire greeting over. I don't just tell them my name, no, I re-state the entire long greeting over.

I also hate when a customer interrupts me. Mind you, you can't interrupt them, so when they do this, I actually get very silent on the line. When they say HELLO, I do a nice yet nasty sigh then continue with what I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. They usually get the picture at this point.
    Just Remember, things Could be Worse!

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
    Dear Gods, I've been cloned!!!!
    Ack! You've both cloned me!

I don't deal with tech support but, let me tell ya, taking 100+ inbound pizza calls a night really racks up the Stupid.

The good part with me, though, is that I AM allowed to interrupt the customers, as long as it's constructive. Going "Ma'am. Ma'am! MA'AM!!! ... I need your <Insert Info> before you can place an order" is perfectly acceptable if they're going off on a tangent instead of following the cues.

I'll also, for the people who completely ignore my greeting, wherein I explicitly ask for a phone number, and just say "I want a delivery to 1234 Asshat Street. Give me a..." I will cut them off and say, in a very polite tone, "I'm sorry, let me start over, since you obviously didn't hear what I said before: <insert schpeel again>". Nobody I've had to do that to has yet called me on my phrasing.
    Last edited by JustADude; 08-11-2008, 10:41 AM.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
    X