Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's adventures in Undiesland (long)

hey everyone...its been a while since I have posted, but I am honestly very lucky that I really don't have a lot of SC's. Just as a reminder, I work in an underwear/sleepwear/activewear store in a mall in the tourist capital of Wisconsin. Here a couple stories I've posted here cause its kind of a mesh of different categories. If they need to be moved...feel free

Good Morning America Viewer gets Pwned
    So I saw in another post here the video from Good Morning America where they showed viewers how to haggle with stores to get things cheaper. Today I had a woman come up with 2 bras, and an activewear jacket that runs around 30.00. She also had a coupon for 20% off one item, and we have a sale for buy one bra get one bra 50% off. The following occured:

ME:
    SC: yeah....obvious....

SC: Here ya go (hands me merchandise)....I want to use this 20% coupon on one of the bras...

at this point I start to explain that the bras are buy one get one half off and I cant use the coupon because that would be double discounting and she would get a better deal if she used it on the activewear jacket....until she cut me off.

SC: Now I dont want any arguement..I saw on GMA how you guys would fight us on stuff like this...I am willing to wait til closing time to get what I want.....

Me: uhm....okay.....

I finished ringing everything up with the 20% off one of the bras...the total came to right around $45. After she left, I re-rang the items using a re-print of the receipt...If I would have rung them up the way I was going to tell her that I would do it her total would have been around $24.

Applicant FUN
    I had a lady come in today looking to pick up an application (we are DESPERATE). So I go inside from our sidewalk sale (a new level of fun entirely), and get her an application and bring it back outside. Then the fun began.....

Me: again....
    APP: applicant
    CM: Co-Manager

APP: Ya know..I would rather have the manager give it to me could you get her to do it.
    Me: I would be the manager ma'am.

(at this point she looks me up and down with her jaw half way down to her knees...yes...Im cute.....but I dont like to gawked at.....)

APP: you cant possibly be a manager....
    CM: Yeeaaah...hes a manager.....
    APP: Well Im going to take this home and fill it out and send it back in...can you tell me who the manager is that will interview me and when SHE will be in so I can talk to HER?
    Me: That would be me...Im the manager who will interview you and decide whether or not to hire you.....

(again...app's jaw touches her toes as she turns white.....turns around and walks out)

so yeah...I didnt realize I switched genders while I was sleeping.......
    "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Ijits. First one is still not $21 smarter. Second one has probably guaranteed SHE will not be getting a job at your store. If an applicant had behaved like that toward me, I would have immediately written her off. I don't like to work with people who make assumptions without any basis for them.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
    X