This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I just said that!

This could have easily ended up in the "Oops" forum, but thankfully my managers have a sense of humour.

There's a management position opening in a neighbouring city. Right now, I'm an unofficial assistant manager and official trainer. And I'm perfectly content.

My district manager was in the other day to speak to our store manager. My DM loves me. She's always bringing her bosses and new managers-in-training in to our store because she holds it as an example of everything done right. The DM has also been hinting that she's pegged me for management, but so far, I haven't bitten.

So my manager and DM were discussing the new job opening, and my DM turned to me and said, "Boozy, how about you? Have you ever thought about Our Wine Company management?"

For some reason, as soon as I opened my mouth, the following spilled out: "Hell, I've thought a lot of things about Our Wine Company management."

I realized what I'd said immediately and sort of froze. My manager looked like she'd swallowed a cat.

There was a pause, and then my DM starts laughing so hard she doubled over. Then she said, "You're obviously having a lot of fun right where you are. Keep up the good work, and let me know if you're ever interested in pursuing a career with us."

I was both flattered and relieved. Probably more relieved.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

... Can I work with you?

I mean, I've worked a few jobs where that would have been an instant termination right there. Good to know you work for people who have a sense of humour!

Comment

Working...
    X