X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Lovely Weekend!

Sarcasm is taught at an early age in my family. -_-'

We have a new Night Audit guy that's kinda not working out. He doesn't do half his job (like pulling reg. cards), gets the Audit wrong, and when I came into work today, I was told he GAVE AWAY a room! Just to make some guy stop arguing with him! No credit card was swiped, or imprinted or any cash taken. He just gave a room to some guy without even putting him in the computer!

He calls me the other night at 1:30 in the morning because the computer is bogging down. Now, this is normal. But, GASP!, the guy says that there are 8 people waiting to be checked in too! I tell him I'll be there in 10 minutes.

I get there and no one's there! WTF? So I check the computer and, surprise surprise, it's running fine. I tell him that it'll be okay, he's convinced he's fucking up hardcore. Well, yes, he is. I check in a guest or two under his name, reassign rooms because he fucked up by giving away this ladies two rooms (two queen beds) to some walk-in guy. After I told him NOT TO before I left the shift!

Supposedly, he's got a lot of years experiance. Like... 20 of them. Yeah, sure, and pigs can fly First Class on Continental.

My former Night Audit guy, Mr M, is now on Days. He said he's ready to go back to Night Auditing because the new guy can't handle it. The guy can't even check in a guest, where the hell is his night auditing experiance?! There is NO WAY he has 20 hotel experiance and not know how to check in a guest. He flips his lid any time there's more then ONE PERSON in the lobby! Me, I just ask people to wait in line and I'll get to them in a minute. The longest I've ever taken was 10 minutes and that was because the guy made his reservation on the way to the hotel and it hadn't shown up in the database yet!

Oh, and to top it off? Add salt to the oozing wounds? New Guy was showing my old Night Audit guy his reference papers from The World Trade Center because he used to do security there. Mr M says something like "Wow, this is some really nice paper" and the New Guy comes up with what kind of paper it is; brand and weight. This sets off alarms to Mr M but he doesn't say anything.

I mean, the only reason I know what my reference papers were printed on is because it's common copier paper from the bank where my reference giver works at!

Is this guy for real? Is he playing my boss for a fool? And can I please fire his ass when he comes in for his next shift?!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Wow..

Word of advice? Find a replacement BEFORE you fire him. Guess who'll have to pick up his slack?? (not that you aren't already.. but ALL of it!!)

Comment

At this point I don't care. I could use the massive OT anyways. (I want to buy a house this winter and my savings is in the crapper right now)
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

well, I'll take his job... oh yeah... *looks at eq's location* that would be a bit much of a commute.

oh, and EQ, please, for the love of all things holy, buy the hotel I work at.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I'll IM you about it.

Comment

Working...
          X