This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Ironies

This happened last week; again, working Friday night in petrol. These police were raiding the boy racers nearby and forcing the kids to strip off their windscreen tints and other illegal addons. The irony? Just as this group of police came in and told us, while buying their snacks and water, a certain song started playing on the radio.

It was the song that goes, "I Fought The Law And The Law Won." Anyone got any similar work ironies?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Well, this one is probably pretty common actually, but for a long time we had the local radio station as our hold music. Which tended to play our direct competitor's ads quite a lot, it seems.

Yeah, on hold, probably getting a bit miffed about it taking so long, and here is an ad for our competitor telling you how great things could be if you hang up and go to them!

Comment

Not quite sure if this counts, but it made me lol when it happened.

Coworkers of mine and myself are talking down by the food court. I was taking a break from FDLP work, RK the food-court person was there, and CR my fellow FDLP person. We're talking about internet memes (me having to stop periodically to explain to RK, who isn't exactly techno-savvy, what I mean) and CR and I explain what a "Rickroll" is to RK.

Not a minute later, what song plays over the PA system? You guessed it. Rick Astley. "Never Gonna Give You Up." When I realized it, I had to bury my face in my arms, I was laughing so hard.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

my favorite work place irony was when I got a call one night from the gm at the hotel down the street from us asking for rate and occupancy... I asked her why she was doing the night shift and she said because the night auditor that she ended up hiring didn't work out... funny, as it was you who decided not to hire me and now you regret it... so sad, maybe you shouldn't have gone for the lowest bidder.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X