• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSHA(SP?), MY untimely death, and Screw Psych101

im not sure where this belongs so here it goes

some fun updates on my hell
    This must be what dying feels like
    im sick
    Yes i get sick a lot but i still hate it.
    Also what ever i have has giving me a wheezeing breath, hacking cough, and lots of mucous.
    My boss and my mother both had these kinds of colds around the sametime... they made me sick and now i cant breath
    i hate it.

Pavlov who?
    ok let me get this straight.
    I do something and get chewed out and treated like crap and sent home 4 hours early by Jackass AM.
    when told to do the task again and preform it the "right" way. Im yelled at and told to do it they way that was wrong before.
    when i point out the last time i did it that way i was treated like shit and a murder and kicked out im told that was last time not this time.
    Hi have you ever gone to school at all?
    If im punished for doing something... Im not oging to do it again!

Apparently treatening is the only way i can get results
    so saturday i worked for a coworker to help him spend time with his family.
    After jackass am leaves i have stupid AM (hes the one who yelled at me for cleaning it the right way above).
    Anyway i burned myself, nothing bad, its a little infected but not bad.
    so im talking to girl insider about my burn what i should do about it (i didnt know we had a burn spray) and stalk up front and label and getting ready for my next run, about to come out.
    Now stupid Am has a weird way of asking/telling me to do stuff
    "the boxes are watching you" means take out the boxes ???? i know right
    he comes out and he starts yelling at me
    i try to say im sorry, i didnt realise he didnt want me out front, ill go work on the boxes the boys where doing. but every time i open my mouth he cuts me off.
    he finally says at the end of his rant that i know im going to do dishes (??? i do? i wasn't opening or closing why would i know i was doing dishes?) so i should go start on them
    now i have mention this before im allergic to pineapple.
    and no matter what i do i always wind up getting sick, most likely because the plastic has absorbed allergins. SO i wait to do dishes until the end
    i try ot protest, to point this out and he yells at me some more,
    finally im sick of being cut off so yell "If you make me go dishes right now YOU WILL be sending me home early becaue I WILL have an allergy attack."
    he doubts this ans says why all you need to do is the metel pans
    and walks away!!!
    i reply what im not suppose to use the wash bins now?
    my frined whispers shes sorry he yelled at me infront of everyone and i say ill go start cleaning the bins and im ok. i start my work to try to get is clean literly one minute later my delivery is up an di leave.
    When i get back stupid AM drags me into the office to yell at me somemore (wtf? isnt infront of everyone enough) apparently he doesnt care if i have a medical problem and how dare i bring it up so i flat out tell him this
    If i am not allowed to bring up medical concerns aboutwhat you ask me to do and you insist on continuing to risk my health then next time something likes this happens i wont say word i will just call OSHA. Allergys can kill and making me do this dishes, especially when it really isnt my job is basically saying i dont care weither you live or die do this. This can kill me.
    He looks freaked out,
    and he apparently talks to GM and now i dont have to dishes ever,,,
    apparently trying to be a reasonable adult, inform everyone of the issue, trying to avoid my allergins, and do my job in a reasonable manner isnt the right thing to do.
    No yelling screaming and threatening the business is the right thing to do.

It sounds like you need a new job.

You will never be able to make that supervisor happy, because he's on a power trip. He's one of those hellish, ubnreasonable, authoratative jerks who makes up for his insufficient genetalia by bullying employees, from the sounds of it.

Document his behaviour, days and times and incidents in a journal, then report this to Human Resources/His supervisor regularly. Make surethey know you're documenting it, and keep copies of everything. If you get threatened for documenting it and told to stop, document THAT and go over their heads.

Don't put up with that sort of abusive treatment.
    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Is someone who doesn't care about the safety of employees really someone you want in charge of (food) safety of customers. Do I really want this person making my food, when he will probably take "short cuts". Ew.

If it isn't too difficult, I would also start looking for other work. Sounds like they have some serious issues.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

i am looking the problem is A) i m really not motivated i have an ok paying job (i can almost make all my payments!) B) i just got sick and the jobs im looking at involve little childrens.... so i didnt want ot go to an interview sick. and C) im scared that the fact than in 3 years ive had 4 jobs is going to bite me in the ass.

Comment

oh i thought of a D)!!!! my dad might hunt down jackass am and hurt him violently

Comment

Also what ever i have has giving me a wheezeing breath, hacking cough, and lots of mucous.
            i just had that. i used Musinex D and then DM when it got better.

sis also told me to spit out anything you cough up. if you swallow it instead it may stick in your throat and just get coughed back up again.

Oh and cough drops. regular honey lemon halls for repetitive use, and coat-eez with zinc once a day

but i drew the line at steaming my face. i haven't had a good experience with that yet, so um no, i'm not putting boiling liquid in my face

and a good nap... that helped out a lot when i first got hit with it.

Comment

Neti pot.

Nasal irrigation with a salt-water solution. Flushes things out and helps to rehydrate sinus tissue that gets dehydrated and roughed up by all the nose-blowing.

Comment

Hmmm, this sounds like the AM that fired me in NJ at Papa John's.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

hes my age or younger and just so you know if you do know him (and im just describing no offense) hes tall black, skinny, a large scar running up from his wrist to his elbow and pissy especially about his hair
                  Last edited by Sliceanddice; 09-10-2008, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X