This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck. Just...fuck

I mentioned here that we were going to be carrying a new line of electronics, exclusive to our company, called Enzyte. Oops, make that Encite. Honest mistake, that was.

Guess what? A memo came down from corporate stating that we will not be carrying these Encite electronics because of some issue with the manufacturer, such as the company went toes up or locusts ate their factory. In any case, these items are not available and never will be.

And it just so happens one of our upcoming ads has Encite items featured on 4 pages. This evidently was to be a major product launch. And of course it was too late to stop the ad from being printed. So instead corporate sent us a big sign to be displayed in the electronics department beginning the day this ad starts, and as we all know it will not be read nor comprehended.

So people are going to get their ad in the mail, see these wonderful Encite products featured, rush to the store and be told "Sorry, we don't have those items and never will. Oh well, try to have a nice day!"

Can you say "bait and switch"? Our customers sure will, even though it doesn't apply.

Ah well, why do these things always seem to happen to us? I'm going to be steering clear of the electronics department for a while.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Let me be the first to apologize for the inevitable assload of SCs you'll be getting soon. (or worse SCs that come in looking for those uh, enhancement products...)

Don't ya just LOVE Corporate?
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 09-13-2008, 07:06 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Any chance you can fish out a phone number of some of the execs and hand it out to people that complain?
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Thing is, I don't know if it's fair to blame corporate all that much. They probably put that ad together months ago figuring they'd be able to get the product, and something suddenly came up which meant they wouldn't.

They're going to try and compensate by lowering prices on other items in electronics, but I don't think that will do much good.

Somehow it just seems like we're having trouble getting product in on time. Candles just went through its second revision in a couple weeks due to a bunch of late-arriving product coming in at different times.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Or you could always apologise for the misprint and direct people over to the medical section, where a pharmacist shall be on hand to answer any questions about Encite....it's WAY more fun than electronics
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We would occasionally have ads with pricing errors. We'd post the add in the lobby and near the product with a note apologizing and explaining that we could not honor the price. Oh boy, the amount of people who would still press and press, demanding we honor the price. "It's false advertising!" they'd declare, "You HAVE to honor the price!" Well no, not really. It's not false advertising if we didn't ever intend it to be that way and if we post about the error. So tough noodles, jerkface.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Somehow it just seems like we're having trouble getting product in on time. Candles just went through its second revision in a couple weeks due to a bunch of late-arriving product coming in at different times.
              isn't that the main part of the CEO's job? yours probably doesn't have the whole if he pulls it off our shelves the supplier probably goes under thing going that mine does though, so his job's probably close to impossible

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Thing is, I don't know if it's fair to blame corporate all that much. They probably put that ad together months ago figuring they'd be able to get the product, and something suddenly came up which meant they wouldn't.
                I can confirm this. I used to load paper for one of the factories that printed ads. Most were shipped at least a month ahead of time. The shortest "pre-printing" was done for the grocery stores, and that was always a week ahead if they didn't have last second changes (not unusual). It was kind of nice though, as we printed ads for a couple of local stores. I could plan ahead for sales I knew were coming up.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X