X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth prb View Post
    Actually, that isn't complete
    Maybe not, but when someone can only spout out 3.141592 (at best ), and I can pull out 131 standard A1 size pieces of paper with Pi written on them?

I WIN!
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
      Maybe not, but when someone can only spout out 3.141592 (at best ), and I can pull out 131 standard A1 size pieces of paper with Pi written on them?

I WIN!
      I only go three digits past that and you know what? It has never EVER made a difference in real life.

'sides, isn't it an infinite number?

Comment

It's irrational, which means it has an infinite number of decimcal places.

I've memorised it to about a dozen places, but I hardly ever need that precision. Only if I'm writing a program for a computer that doesn't have a convenient constant version.

Comment

Over $100 of fuel: open wallet surgery

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            did they win?
            Of course they didn't. I'm pretty certain I would've heard about it if they had.

The most anyone's ever won on the lottery at our store was on a scratch lotto ticket. My coworker RK. She won TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. I know this because I actually SAW the winning ticket she had.

J2K: *wanders up to food court*
            RK: *excitedly* Jay, Jay, I know I won something, but how much did I win?

I know the gist of the little letter codes the VA State Lottery puts on the scratch tickets (basically, if you see the letters D, B, P, or Z, you didn't win), so I take the ticket, spot a T right off the bat on the side, but can't see the others yet.

J2K: *points to T* Well you definitely won something, let's see... *reads down the ticket, checking for winning parts* Ooh, one thousand... two... three... four... five... .........TEN thousand dollars!

The ticket had ten mini-games on it, all of which had winning scenarios, and all of which paid out $1000. So she won $10,000. Every employee in the store was congratulating her, and I even broke the news to GM JC.

J2K: RK just won $10,000!
            GM JC: She did not!

I felt bad in a way for DF, our maintenance guy who, every day, played two or three of those exact same scratchers. He'd played two that day and busted. RK tells him, "You should buy another one, I think you might win." DF says nah. So RK goes and buys one... and she wins. DF never really got over that.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              $69.69=Double your pleasure, double your fun.

/dives right into the gutter
              most of the time when I say the number 69 the customer goes "ooooh" or something

aren't teenage guys supposed to be the pervy one in the conversation with a middle aged woman?

Comment

Working...
              X