This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now what...

OK, seriously it is a boring night... when I started everyone was already checked in for the day, I am already finished with my audit... I'm already finished with everything for the post audit part of my shift, already assigned housekeeping, precharged the CCs for online bookings... hell I've even restocked the front desk and the front office... there is seriously nothing for me to do for the rest of my shift.... and it's only 1:45

oh and in other news, the owners are having an all night party upstairs... they've even said if they have extra they will let me have any of the left over food (i've always wanted to try Indian food)
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I was tempted to play pm tag with you since you're bored.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      I was tempted to play pm tag with you since you're bored.
      well, now that the owners are gone, I can get a few episodes of Star Trek in... oh and the food they had was delicious

Comment

Gotta love those slow nights, eh? I'll trade you, if you're really THAT bored
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I work 12 hours today. No one's checking in. No one's checking out. The hotel is on the verge of being shut down so we're not taking any guests (we currently have 7 rooms out of 80 filled).

I'm watching my own personal Marathon of CSI.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            The hotel is on the verge of being shut down so we're not taking any guests (we currently have 7 rooms out of 80 filled).
            wait, why is the hotel shutting down... what did I miss.

Oh and on my slow nights I've been having a Star Trek Enterprise marathon

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              wait, why is the hotel shutting down... what did I miss.
              You didn't miss much. I haven't told anyone except Ree about it.

Hurricane Ike did a number on my third floor; which has to be shut down during renovations.
              That's 30 rooms I can't sell.

Since Ike did a number to my roof, the water desided it really liked gravity and soaked through the second floor ceiling, ruining (and molding) and additional 18 rooms I can't use.

Gravity is a bitch and so am I; 19 rooms out of 21 on the ground floor are, too, useless due to mold.

Why all the mold? My hotel had NO POWER for over a week. Thank you Center Point.

So... 67 out of 80 rooms can't be sold. That's not enough to make enough revenue to keep the hotel open, even if we can keep the rooms filled until the renovations are complete.

Thankfully, I was informed by the accountant that the insurance is so good; my supervisor, night auditor and myself will still get paid while the hotel is shut down.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thankfully, I was informed by the accountant that the insurance is so good; my supervisor, night auditor and myself will still get paid while the hotel is shut down.
                Thank the deity of choice for that!

So you're essentially getting a free multi week holiday then...?
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

By the sounds of it; yes.

Which would be nice because then I can get a temp job doing something else (like... waitress or something). That or clean the townhouse....

Comment

you know... if something like that were to happen here, I could seriously see the owners saying "damnit, we are going to get as much revenue as possible, sell what rooms we have"

Comment

That's the thing, they wouldn't be getting ANY revenue. All that money would go to bills and they still wouldn't be able to pay them.

Comment

Which would be nice because then I can get a temp job doing something else (like... waitress or something).
                        And save up more money for your own hotel? That would be good.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          And save up more money for your own hotel? That would be good.
                          That's the idea. But it's going to be expensive.

Anyone have a million or two I can borrow?

Comment

To answer your subject question SE, I'm kinda looking forward to that multi-level house of key cards.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              To answer your subject question SE, I'm kinda looking forward to that multi-level house of key cards.
                              I've got to wait for a new shipment of keys to come in... I don't have enough to spare right now... in a few weeks though...

Comment

Working...
                              X