This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    Hmm, maybe, but if they haven't upgraded the wiring since last I saw them, the wires wouldn't hold up to rotational forces of use. Of course, that would turn them into a sling-type weapon if you could reliably predict the moment of failure.
    Maybe some sort of release clip could be rigged or something
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

OR... cut the wires, and CREATE a sling.. rubber bands, telephone headset...
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        OR... cut the wires, and CREATE a sling.. rubber bands, telephone headset...
        Go old school: Two pieces of cat-5 connected to a pouch made of monitor cleaning cloth to hold the speaker. Twirl it around the head and release one cable to let fly. Look out, Goliath!
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

But, for that, you'll have to have some room to swing. Going with the sling shot, you don't.

Comment

Poison dart blowgun pens -- it's the way to go.

Comment

I could see possibly fashioning darts out of paper clips, but what about the posion? The point of this seminar is weapons made in the office, out of things from the office.

Comment

I could see possibly fashioning darts out of paper clips, but what about the posion? The point of this seminar is weapons made in the office, out of things from the office.
                Hmm. Floor cleaner maybe? Some offices get the undiluted stuff. I imagine that's pretty toxic, based on the warning labels. Rat poison for those in older buildings with occasional rodent visitors.

Besides, why make blow darts when you have screwdrivers to throw like knives?

**EDIT** Ohh, just had a thought! Canned air and copier toner would make a decent blinding agent. Maybe in a paper cone to direct the toner. Added bonus of making the victim break into a coughing fit as well.
                Last edited by Geek King; 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Go old school: Two pieces of cat-5 connected to a pouch made of monitor cleaning cloth to hold the speaker. Twirl it around the head and release one cable to let fly. Look out, Goliath!
                  Cat5 isn't old school. Anixter Level 1 though, that's old school.
                  Otaku

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
                    Cat5 isn't old school. Anixter Level 1 though, that's old school.
                    I meant old-school sling design. And remember, we're talking about things you might have around the office. If you have Anixter around still, you probably already have a moat to repel invaders.
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Since the subject of mice has slowed down, we'll move on to Lesson 2 "Keyboards: Defence/Offence"

Comment

Since the subject of mice has slowed down, we'll move on to Lesson 2 "Keyboards: Defence/Offence"
                        Cheaper keyboards afford a forensic trace, if you hit somebody about the face with sufficient force a uniquely marked key (or 'Letter') will be embedded in the aggressors face leading to an evidence trail linking the assailant to the offence.
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Other than the basic "use keyboard as a club" defence, you could pry the keys off and use them as caltrops, or string them together for use as a "windchime alarm tripwire." Fans of the Tenchu series of games should be familiar with these.

They could also be combined with TA's rubberband slingshot as ammo.

A box full of keyboards carefully positioned over a door or drop celing could be used as a deadfall trap. A monitor would work better for that, though. I do happen to have a box full of replacement keyboards in my office though.
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

A box full of keyboards carefully positioned over a door or drop celing could be used as a deadfall trap. A monitor would work better for that, though.
                            An old server would have far greater mass, and therefore stopping ability.
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                              An old server would have far greater mass, and therefore stopping ability.
                              God those things are obscenely heavy....I don't think anyone would be getting up from that very well!
                              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

If you have the old IBM Model M keyboards, you can literally beat someone to death with those, and it'll still work perfectly afterwards. They're that solidly built. The cable even detaches neatly from the back.

I'm not sure if anyone has actually tested that claim...

Comment

Working...
                                X