This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password fun!

While working for an AMS(aftermarket services) facility here in Florida, I was reminded of this from a coworker, and poster who dealt with an Abbott and Costello situation. the following incident occurred:

D: Your maniacal tech guy
    IT: poor young(20 something) kid who has no sense of humor
    S: Supervisor who has even less of a sense of humor
    HR: Dynamite HR woman in charge.

IT: Hey Tech, I have to run updates on your system. Tell me your password so i can log in.

D: What.

IT: What is your password?

D: Yes it is.

IT: Tell me your password Tech.

IT: Your Network password.

IT: Tell me your password.

D: What is my password.

IT: You gonna tell me your password?

D: Yes.

IT Then Tell me your password dammit.

D: What is my password

IT: Dammit tech, I'm getting your boss.

(IT goes to my supervisor, returning)

S: Tech, IT needs to get into your system. Tell me your password so I can log you in.

D: What

IT: He's been doing this for 10 minutes.

S: What is your password Tech?

S: Are you going to tell me your password or am I going to take you into HR?

D: I'm telling you the password.

S: Well what is your password?

IT: He's not telling us. Take him to HR.

S: Tech, I'm going to have you written up. Tell me your password.

D: What is my password.

S: Ok, come with me.

(marches into HR's office, who knows I am a smartass, but likes my sense of humor)

HR: Ok, what's the problem.

IT: I need his computer password, but he won't give it to me.

D: I am.

S: I asked himi too, but he won't tell me as well.

D: I am telling you the password.

HR: Ok, Tech. I am going to ask you. What is your password.

D: Yes.

HR: Tell me your password.

HR: What..... Oh hell.

(scrawls "what" on a post it note, handing it to IT.)HR: He WAS telling you the password. What IS his password.

IT: I've been trying to--(looks at paper, then at me, and leaves in a huff) Damn smartass.

S: You mean--

HR: Yeah, Tech here was telling you all along.

D: A password has to be 2 things: 1, easy for you to remember. 2, Impossible for people to figure out.

S: Ok, you've had your fun. get back to work.

next day, all 4 letter passwords were deleted and had to be changed.
    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Hilarious, and yet evil in a bad way. I feel guilty for enjoying their suffering.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

well at least it was easy.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It is easy to remember, but hard to figure out if you have no sense of humor. That had me thinking of this
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

And yet, for anyone trying to get the password through social engineering, it's practically failsafe!
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Should make your next password to be Hellno.

IT: Can I have your password?
            Response: Hellno

Comment

How deliciously evil.

Becks Seal of Approval™.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I once set my personal password to f***off. Well, you can fill in the stars, I'm sure.

It took about 6 months to pay off, but my brother needed my password one day. And it was all worth it. Coupled with my best friend standing next to us (and knowing my password) just laughing his ass off while I keep telling my brother: f***off.

It was essentially this:

Me:
                B: My brother
                BF: My best friend

B: I need to write a paper and I have to use your computer, but you left it locked, so I need your password.

Me: Oh, ok. F***off.

BF: *snicker*

B: C'mon! I don't have time for this. What is your password?

Me: F***off.

BF: *snort*

B: *getting visibly more irritated every second* Stop f***ing around, and give me your password!

Me: Ok. F***off.

BF: *well, more like doubled over, but that's close to rolling...*

- lather, rinse, repeat for a few more minutes, until my brother is screaming at me -

BF: OK, B, here's his password. It's spelled like this: F-*-*-*-O-F-F.

Me:

B: F*** you both.

Me: Well, just f*** off then!
                BF:

Comment

*snerk*

I love it! "Who's on First?" is one of my favorite comedy skits of ALL TIME. You, Deceptitech, are my hero.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                    *snerk*

I love it! "Who's on First?" is one of my favorite comedy skits of ALL TIME. You, Deceptitech, are my hero.
                    Mine too. Kids these days have no concept of true comedy. 4 letter words do not a laugh make.

Passwords since that incident at that company:

iforgotit
                    idontknow
                    noidea
                    nopassword
                    beatsme

My supervisor did realize that if he asks, I will give it to him as the first words out of my mouth.

The next day the plant manager came to my desk and told me that I became a legend around the admin area for upsetting the IT guy.
                    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

I refuse to write down my banking password, on the grounds that it can't be written down. (seriously, it contains characters that look like spaces on screen but are different from the space character)
                      Last edited by edible_hat; 10-10-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

My banking password is based on a boolean equation, and can only be obtained by going to the correct geographic coordinates at 9:39 PM on the right date. The information in that equation is also derived from tibetian yetis, encoded in their DNA on their 12th genetic base pair.

I had it encrypted by both Mongomery Scott and Dr. Emmett Brown.

Comment

o gawd. i guess he's never seen "who's on first"

at work the IT people started running password breaking software. so if yours got cracked you had to make a new one. and ... i'd like to say people finally caught on to the idea of using upper and lower case, numbers and symbols in the passwords but.. no. (needless to say my nephew was disappointed when he tried logging into my personal laptop without permission cos he just "knew" my password, assuming it was my cat's name...haha, no even my personal pw fit the company requirements)

however i did have one password once... i'm surprised i didnt get in trouble for it. but back then they didn't screen for those kinds of things.
                          f**k<local branch name>

Comment

@ Deceptitech

I just realized that I may have unwittingly created a similar setup with the Ubuntu password on the repair shop box (boss hosed the password, so I reset to something easy...might be too easy though).
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Even accidentally, Changing your password to something like that is always a laugh.

Confusion is fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X