This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for Me

Because I have a mulitude of hats at work, I have a bell up on my register and a sign stating to ring it for service. Most times I have no problems with it, people ring the bell.

Other times it drives me nuts because even when I specify to ring it LOUD, I will occationally only hear little "ding"s.

Of which is over-powered by the bell on my collar and car keys.

Even my deaf patrons ring the bell (*Squishes on pretty deaf girl for reading instructions*).

I have a couple that either flat out refuse to ring the bell or just use the short little "ding" on account of "Oh, I didn't want to ring the bell loud."

...I'm on the other side of the store and the sign by the bell states that I am hard of hearing (Thanks a LOT Power tools and tennitus!). So I questioned the girl ("But how can you not ring the bell? It's right there! It BEGS to be rung!") and her mother complained about it some time later (I come off as...."brash"...to some people).

That dog-damned bell will either be the death of me, or my career (by shoving it up someone's nose).

Seriously, how hard is it to follow a simple direction?
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

I remember going into a place once and having the bell sitting there. The sign said to ring the bell for service but Mom didn't want me to. I just fidgeted from foot to foot wanting to touch the bell, needing to touch the bell, gotta ring the dang bell!

Finally a guy came up behind us and rang the bell which of course called the person from the back and the bell got moved out of reach. Of course Mom hasn't been done with shopping when I noticed the bell nor was she ready when the other guy came in but dangit...I wanted to ring that bell.
    Last edited by Aethian; 10-23-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF DOG JUST RING THE BELL!

Comment

Heh ever read the very first Narnia story? There was a bell in that one that freed the evil that slowly started to take over Narnia.

Comment

....oh, poop....

Actually, I wear the bells to let my SM know where I'm at in the store and because it drives away evil spirits.

Comment

Ring my Beeeeeellll Ring my Bell!

Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

This thread reminds me of this.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hmmmm I may have to consider doing this...... I have a collar with a metal tag on it *points at avatar* and it dings slightly when moving... But I've seriously considered getting a bell... Then I remember SO said it wasn't "professional" to wear my collar to work..... But but I work Thirds! And I'm constantly straightening the store... So at least if I'm straightening and a customer needs help, they'll be able to hear me, or my AM (assman) will be able to hear me and find me.. right? Right? *tries to find good arguement to give SO as to why she should be able to wear collar to work*

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post

you'd be surprised

we have a reversible sign at the front desk... if we are going to the back office or the kitchen we put it up to say "please ring bell" and if we are going somewhere where we can't respond to the bell (ie, going to the restroom, delivering something to a room, etc) we put the sign up to say "be back in 5 minutes"... without fail when the "please ring bell" people will just sit there doing nothing and patiently waiting and when the "back in 5 minutes sign is up" people ring the bell like mad... idiots
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    Heh ever read the very first Narnia story? There was a bell in that one that freed the evil that slowly started to take over Narnia.
                    Ah yes, The Magician's Nephew. The "Genesis" of Narnia, yet the second to be published - The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe was the first published.

Comment

I thought Magician's Nephew was 6th?

Hmm. I was pretty sure that my library was in order of publication (within individual series. Which are sorted by author, alphabetically. Yes, I'm a Virgo, why do you ask?). Methinks I need to go back and check again.

/threaddrift

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        Do you really need this one explained? You know how SCs work.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                          Ah yes, The Magician's Nephew. The "Genesis" of Narnia, yet the second to be published - The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe was the first published.
                          Quoth KiaKat View Post
                          I thought Magician's Nephew was 6th?

Hmm. I was pretty sure that my library was in order of publication (within individual series. Which are sorted by author, alphabetically. Yes, I'm a Virgo, why do you ask?). Methinks I need to go back and check again.

/threaddrift
                          Written sixth but chronologically first, so it depends.

But usually the publisher puts it first these days.
                          It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
                          Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
                          So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

Working...
                          X