This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software problem with the 2 gates & open sign at Visitor Parking garage

When I got to work today I saw that the entrance gate in front of Visitor Parking was up instead of down. I left the dept. I report to a message regarding this. Then the Aramark van, which has its own reserved space, could not exit Visitor Parking. The guy driving the van tried to use the access card he was given by the Parking office, but it would not work. I have a remote that I use to let Metro lift out, but it would not work. I called campus police to let them know. In the meantime a cop came to the garage with a set of keys to open the control box to the exit gate & look inside at the controls. He could not fix the problem. Metro lift came, & I told the person dropping off someone to enter & exit through the entrance gate since it was up. The department director I report to called me & asked what was happening. I told her what the problems were. She called the Parking office, & they sent someone from IT to fix the problem as well as a cop to try out an access card. The IT guy could not fix the problem. The police chief told the cop to leave both gates up. Apparently the problem is with the software for the entrance gate, the exit gate, & the open sign that can be changed to full when the garage is reserved was not working. The garage is reserved tomorrow. I really hope the problem is fixed today, but I am not sure it will be. It will be fun tomorrow.

Sounds more like a blown fuse than anything else, TBH.

Comment

Working...
    X