This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't respect our time!

I hear this so often. Users complaining that we do not respect their time since we work during business ours thus making them have downtime while I fix thier computer (issues usually caused by the user) yet

* They're never on time for appointments, if they show up at all
    * They never call stating that they'll be late or not showing up
    * I'll be at your office in 5 minutes means 30-45 minutes
    * They expect me to drop everything for them then have me stand behind them while they spend 10 minutes finishing with a customer (one that they started with AFTER I got to their desk)
    * They never gove good enough information for me to try to start to figure out what their problem is
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    * They're never on time for appointments, if they show up at all
    * They never call stating that they'll be late or not showing up
    * I'll be at your office in 5 minutes means 30-45 minutes
    The solution to those is to charge for the time they take away from you, wther they're there or not, whe I work clinic clients are booked in for 1 or 2 hours, say 1:30 to 2:30, now their session finishes at 2:30, no matter what and they get charged for that time wether they're there or not, so if they get there at 2:00 their session is 1/2 hour, but they get charged for the full hour. It's amazing how much better they become at time management when that happens.

Sorry, that post went longer than I intended it to.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I work in IT for a company so I don't "charge" anyone time, it just goe sinto an IT time code.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
        Sorry, that post went longer than I intended it to.

Long....

You think THAT was long?

Sorry, but that was barely a soundbite by the standards of this place.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
        X