This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redefining "success" ftw!!

By my new ddrastically lowered standards, I had a good day today.

Why?

Because I avoided not one but TWO pointless meetings. One meeting was merely threatened, but it ended before I got called in.

The other meeting was going to be via speakerphone with a partner is a total drain on our time, resources, and tiny tiny cash flow. But the CEO thinks they're neat, so despite the fact that the company is sinking, we keep working with them. Yay. Oh, and said CEO keeps her speakerphone at full volume (i can hear it in my office, which is across the building, with the door CLOSER), and yells into it, so ten minutes of that gives me a huge headache.

CEO popped her head in my office at 9. "Um, we need you to take notes for this meeting."

Me: *groan* When?

CEO: Um....kinda now.

Me: Well, I'm still writing the email that's due to go out this weekend so that I can pass teh draft around for approval in a timely fashion. I'm also writing the content for our next magazine, and trying to come up with website content for the next three months.

CEO: Oh, ok, you stay put then.

Me: *thinking* Gee...how generous of you...allowing me to do my actual job (which is NOT to be a secretary). Maybe then you'll only yell at me half as much for doing my job the way you tell me to.

Sigh.

Oh, and did I mention the hissy fit I got when I came in on Monday? Seems that a section in the weekly email went out as a setence describing benefits, instead of a set of bullet points of same benefits. Yeah. I got in trouble over bullet point.

"Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com
Working...
X