This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty minutes ago we stopped a scam!

So its after work. I'm waiting for my ride and talking to boss lady. We have a guy coming in who is a little strange, and seems to be humming to himself and fidgting alot. He gets some soda and candy. Wants to know if we have cingulier phone cards. We don't. We only have T-Mobile.

No big deal. He gets a $50 dollar Foot Locker card. (None of us has ever sold one BTW).

His friend comes in who looks just as grudgy and seedy as him. They want to use a credit card, and the guy happily hands over his ID. Boss lady is smiling. I lean over and see it.

He has the typically bad credit card. Badily pasted card numbers. (His card, but with someone elses numbers on it). He even says "Its Demagnatized. You have to put the numbers in manually".

His ID is even funnier. Its his. Except his ID number has some pen markings on it, changing a single number to 9.

Boss lady picks up the phone, calls police and tells the dispatch we have a credit card scam going on. The guy friend books it, running long away. (he gets away sadily).

The dumbass though is PO! Some memorial quotes

" NO! Its MY ID! Officer Stines downtown changed it!!!!"
    " Oh I'm going to SUE YOU ALL!!!! I AM NOT A THIEF!!!"
    " This is how you treat HONEST CUSTOMERS!!"
    " Maybe if you give all that stuff for free, I'll not sue!!!"

I'm kinda laughing and snorting, just say ah huh, ah huh, suuuuure. I'm standing sorta near him, which boss lady didn't like. But I wanted to be nearer to him, not if he booked. I wouldn't touch him, but in case he went after my boss I could slam him onto the ground.

Sure enough he is outside, screaming at poor people who were going to shop, but took off that we are all scammers and try to scare of good customers. Cops are coming left and right. I step outside to talk to one, when the guy flips out at me, yelling for me not to stand near him.

Officer: "HEY! He can stand where he wants! Your not the one giving orders, I AM!!!"

(Free coffee for him. ).

Now he is trying to talk to them, saying officer Stien downtown changed his ID. Of course they see through his Bullshit. He was even threating the officers. Telling them he was fighter. The cool cop remarked "So am I".

I went in, we barely had to tell the minimal to the other officer who already saw the stuff and knew it was a scam. When I was getting out, I saw the man sitting on the ground crying around two guards. (I doubt he was hit, he was just sitting down and crying).

I had to go cause my ride was there. Boss lady called me to keep me informed. Yep, he getting arrested. Yep, he is trepassed. Its identiy theft. We'll likely not have to even testify.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Reminds me of when I saw this at Frys electronics. stolen card, flaged in the system as such, and on the cameras they caught him putting stuff in his jacket when security approached the guy at the register, guy and his girl both fled, he got taken out by security, and she kept going, but returned when the cops arrived to plead for hid release... was great, until security said she was a part of it too LOL.
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
    X