X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop stolen right under our noses

And boy does that make me mad!!

Less than two hours after we set up the Dell BTO kiosk, someone came in cut the steel cable locking the kiosk laptop down, and took the computer, right under all of our noses.

To quote an SC from earlier in the evening "JESUS [EXPLETIVE] CHRIST!!!"

We filed a report with the police, but I doubt we'll ever see the machine again.

Perhaps this will finally convince the powers that be that we need in-store surveillance.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    And boy does that make me mad!!

Less than two hours after we set up the Dell BTO kiosk, someone came in cut the steel cable locking the kiosk laptop down, and took the computer, right under all of our noses.

To quote an SC from earlier in the evening "JESUS [EXPLETIVE] CHRIST!!!"

We filed a report with the police, but I doubt we'll ever see the machine again.

Perhaps this will finally convince the powers that be that we need in-store surveillance.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that . . . we've been needing surveillance at the Litter Box at least since I've been there (2 years) and we still don't have any.

Now, go over to the Litter Box nearest my house and they've got a uniformed police officer on duty in the evenings. Nevermind that our inventories have sucked canal water and we are now on quarterly inventories (our next one is in January) because of the continuing theft issues.

Oh noes . . . it's got to be the employees (and I'm sure there's some of that going on) but our managers are chasing shoplifters out the doors almost every single day (usually just getting the merchandise back and telling them not to come back.)

I guess because we're not located in one of the "unsafe" neighborhoods *cough/bullshit/cough* we're not supposed to have theft issues

But I do feel your vein however . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

my store has surveilance. we still have people run past the greeters sometimes though, sometimes management/LP runs them down, usually they get away. if a sears store that's always dead and maybe a third the size of my busy place of employment can have 2 people on security at all times why do we have 2 people period? including the manager? we only have $13 million in inventory, it's not a big deal

Comment

Working...
      X