This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else like me?

I may complain about the bad ones, but I genuinely LIKE working customer service. Especially in this job, where you can have longer conversations with guests and kind of get to know them.

So anyone else that's weird like me?

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

True, there are nights (like tonight) where I stop for a six-pack on the way home, but I genuinely enjoy working customer service and making sure customers are taken care of.
    Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

I love my job. Most of my customers are sweethearts and I love helping them.

When it doesn't go right, I've got this place to come and vent about it. As long as I'm discreet, my boss is fine with it.

I love my job.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Nope I generally feel mildly ambivalent to the passengers.

It's generally best to avoid making eye contact or they start trying to have a banal conversation.
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

In my job trade, I get a lot of people who are nice. Then I get ones that bitches at me, when we send out a certified letter. They tell us, not to send them anymore. I always tell them, that under California Self Storage State Law that we must send out the letters with the $15 fee, to each tenet that has not paid after 14 and 35 days.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm sure my opinion will change if/when I ever work the service desk (I'm not a supervisor... yet...).

However, I really do like my job - I'm a cashier in one of the busiest grocery stores in the metro area, I'm well paid (for a cashier), the dress code is everything I could ever hope for (t-shirt and shorts, don't have to shave, etc), I have awesome benefits, and most of my customers are decent. My employer gives me a lot of leeway to make a customer happy (up to and including giving stuff away for free, sans alcohol), so it's very rare that I have to get a manager involved with anything except for counting my till and verifying my deposit.

Really, if one is going to work retail, it's the best company one could work for. It's been on Fortune's "Top 100 Companies to Work For" list for over a decade, and I'm proud to say I work there.

Every now and then I get a bitchy customer who's just hellbent on ruining my day, so I ruin theirs by being nice and not letting them get under my skin. I'd be a fool to let an asshole cost me my job - I know how good of a job it is. When someone actually does get under my skin, I'm damn good at hiding it until they've left.

Comment

Working...
            X