Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why must christmas music torture us all?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why must christmas music torture us all?

2 complaints about our christmas music. One, most of it sucks. I actually enjoy christmas music when it isn't terrible and being played in November. Two, why the hell do people constantly try and cover "feliz navidad?" Nobody will ever do it as well as Jose Feliciano, so why do they even try? and why do any other versions ever get played? Someone send me a link if they can find someone who sings it as well as Feliciano.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They started playing the music the day after Halloween at my place.

It was especially loud in the breakroom and in the bathrooms, but I think they turned it down in the break room because of complaints, because it hasn't been that bad this week.

I hate it SO BAD.

Comment

I know Macy's is already playing Christmas music. Thye start earlier and earlier every year. I like Christmas too, but geez, give us a break already.

And it annoys the shit out of me that these stores tend to take the same 5 or 6 Christmas songs and play every version of them ever recorded. I heard "Blue Christmas" by Elvis so many times i was ready to jump off the roof to get away from it.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Elvis's Blue Christmas is one of my favorite christmas songs (helps that Elvis is one of my favorite singers of all time)

Comment

They started playing the music the day after Halloween at my place.
          Holy crap! They break it out the day after Thanksgiving where I work and it still drives me bonkers. If they started right after Halloween I would seriously quit!
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
            I heard "Blue Christmas" by Elvis so many times i was ready to jump off the roof to get away from it.
            The only versions of Blue Christmas that should be played are sung by Elvis and Porky Pig.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Can anyone find a link to porky pig's version?

Comment

please dont hate me

but I have around 8 christmas albums and hundreds of songs on my computer

I listen to it year round..... I cant help it, its a total guilty pleasure for me
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Hack the PA system!! Loop AC/DC's Mistress for Christmas!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! <insert mad scientist smiley here>
                  Bark like a chicken!

Comment

heh. can't hate you for that. i keep my xmas music with my normal collection too.
                    and my xmas socks i wear whenever i feel like it

my 6 year old nephew was surprised when i wore them last week... and even more surprised when i said i wore them in july too

Comment

The kennel has music.

We do not/ will not play Christmas music.

I'm going to go hide now.
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                        2 complaints about our christmas music. One, most of it sucks. I actually enjoy christmas music when it isn't terrible and being played in November. Two, why the hell do people constantly try and cover "feliz navidad?" Nobody will ever do it as well as Jose Feliciano, so why do they even try? and why do any other versions ever get played? Someone send me a link if they can find someone who sings it as well as Feliciano.
                        The best thing to do with Christmas music is to figure out where the CD is kept. Now, breaking it would get you in trouble...but a friend of mine had a great idea once.

You have no idea how awesome it was to be in a shopping mall and hear the soundtrack go from Jingle Bells to a song by Behemoth (heavy death metal). Said friend had made a mix CD that started off as Christmas, then blared into the polar opposite, no pun intended.

The song got about 3 minutes in before someone turned it off
                        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                        "What IS fun to fight through?"
                        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Christmas music does not bother me. Unless it is hip hop or rap. But other than that, I am fine with it.
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I've been trying to convince my boss to play this:http://www.cthulhulives.org/store/st...=product&2=122

H.P. Lovecraft-influenced "Solstice" carols.

Comment

I manage to find at least one non-traditional Christmas album every year, including:
                              -Trans-Siberian Orchestra (first heard about them from a previous incarnation of CS.com actually)
                              -Bob Rivers (parodies)
                              -Star Wars (the album is infinitely better than the TV special, but then again so are enemas)
                              -South Park
                              -Muppets
                              -Barenaked Ladies
                              -8-Bit Peoples

This year it's Medieval Babes.

Comment

Working...
                              X