Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas presents for service workers?

Do you ever get Christmas presents from customers?

I wonder, because I wonder if my family is odd. Around Christmas time when we can afford it, I try to keep small denomination gift cards to local stores and such on me for when I see regular cashiers at the stores or the gas station. There are also two local restaurants we frequent with decent regularity where we have favorite waitresses. I try to make sure I give them SOMETHING extra. Plus, of course, our mechanic and the lady that cuts Hubby's, Son's and Daughter's hair. We also do homemade candy / cookies / brownies and a gift card for our regular mailman. And I try to have small somethings at the house (we do candy for people at Hubby's work, and mine, so I make extra) for FedEx or UPS people that deliver close to the holidays.

Are we weird for doing this? Is this something you see often? Does it offend you?
    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Not weird at all. I give stuff to my regular mailman and his relief (helps that I know them both being they are coworkers). A 20 dollar gift card to both garbage men, a 30 gift card to my paper lady who always makes sure that I have my paper before I head out to work.

I also give a 20 dollar gift card to my hair cut person and a 15 dollar one to my nail people who know just how to cut my toe nails so that they don't grow weird. (I have weird toes)

So yea, need more nice people.

Comment

I was just sitting here wondering what to get the mailman and if I should get anything for my bartender. So, no. You're not wierd.
      Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

Our mail carrier gets goodies, and I think my folks leave a holiday tip for our paper delivery person. There really aren't any service folk that I deal with on a regular basis. When I'm out to eat very near the holidays, the waistaff get an extra big tip, especially if the place is hectic.

At the shop, we'll get goodies from regular customers sometimes. Once in awhile someone will put a big bill in the tip jar as a holiday gift, which is great for the people that are working at the time, but doesn't do much for anyone else.

Last year was the first year we were open Christmas day, and it was frantic...but the tips were glorious. Singles to the brim, a bunch of fives, even a few tens.
        My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
        X