This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

Last night it snowed at bit. It's still slightly snowing, but it's warm enough that we currently have less than half an inch on the ground and most of it's not getting horribly cold. The majority of my calls this morning have been asking me if school is cancelled. When told that school is in fact still going to happen despite the slight bit of snow, they then ask who they should talk to about getting an excused absense. I get that some people have around a 30 minute drive but honestly, when they signed up for these classes, they knew that it would be like this (it's like this every year). It's not that I'm horribly unsympathetic considering my new temporary dwelling means I'm taking the interstate to work as well most days but still....there is no way in hell the college is going to close for less than an inch of snow.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Oh awesome. Tonight is going to be FUN. *sarcasm mode GO!*
    I made a joke about that last night, and now it's coming to life. lol

Although, you have to admit we've gotten asked over dumber situations.

Comment

Quoth kaetchen View Post
      Oh awesome. Tonight is going to be FUN. *sarcasm mode GO!*
      I made a joke about that last night, and now it's coming to life. lol

Although, you have to admit we've gotten asked over dumber situations.
      This is true. If I hadn't worked the overnight shift I'd probably be in less of a "what the hell is your malfunction" mood especially when it's not hurting anything for them to ask I'm just very very sleepy. Possibly I will be leaving work soon.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

If they were here in central Texas, I could understand the question...but in Illinois???
        Hmmm...I seem to remember snow at Halloween in Cincinnati, Ohio...
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
        X