X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday dinner tables...

BLARGH.

Seriously, we're doing holiday tables all week at work, where on your specific day, you bring in one dish to share and everyone eats all day. Someone brought in peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon and I have been wolfing those things down like they're going out of style. My stomach HATES ME.

Just today (from 8 a.m. till the current time of 2:45), I've snarfed down

-an entire bowl of chocolate truffles
    -two apples (presliced hells yeah)
    -about an entire...block...of cheese slices
    -four or five pieces of fudge
    -six or seven deviled eggs
    -probably half the tray of the before mentioned peppers and cheese and bacon, no one else seems to like them (fuck that, I'll eat the whole thing...as a matter of fact, I'll be going down for more as soon as this post is made)
    -some turkey slices...at least I hope that's what they were...
    -some unidentifiable substance that appears to be almond slices glued to graham crackers
    -and two (maybe three) mini cheeseburgers.

....*pops about five Pepcid*

Anyone else making a glut of themselves on the free work food?
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    BLARGH.

-probably half the tray of the before mentioned peppers and cheese and bacon, no one else seems to like them (fuck that, I'll eat the whole thing...as a matter of fact, I'll be going down for more as soon as this post is made)

I freaking LOVE those things... We make them at fish camp every year on the grill... They are so effing amazing... Super easy to make also...

As for the free food at work... Not so much, the "joys" of being one of 10 people in my building at night, we get leftovers... Once in a great while... They didn't save anything for us from today's lunch/dinner thingie.... Oh well....
    I pirated a copy of Linux and nobody cared

Comment

Well, we don't have awesome food food. All we have is homemade fudge, homemade cookies, homemade brownies, more cookies, and a bunch of loose candy. I presume these gifts are the other departments way of sucking up to the lords in Accounting and IT.

At the moment, there's only 5 of the normal 7 of us in the office this week, if we each took 1/5 of the goodies, we'd have a heaping plate full. Each. It's good to be in Accounting.

If you're curious, the other offices got a small saucer of cookies. Per department. Sales got nothing at all. Accounting FTW!

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
        Every year at this time we get sent a platter of chocolates that often takes us weeks to finish.

This year it took 1 week.

I had my fair share, but I was only eating the dark chocolate as no one else likes it.

Comment

The one person in our office who is on a perpetual diet is, of course, the person who gives cookies and candy to everyone else.

Cookies are finally gone. There's still some candy.

Our mail room, though, is the department that scores this time of year, as they also order supplies and deal with vendors, so they have a table threatening to break under all the candy, including this little item

http://www.godiva.com/catalog/produc...SE_Category=85

and piles of cookies, nuts, and Moose Munch.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Our mail room, though, is the department that scores this time of year, as they also order supplies and deal with vendors, so they have a table threatening to break under all the candy.
            Haha! I remember that!

When I was an office manager, I was the one that ordered all the office supplies, stationary, everything. I was even in charge of ordering the promotional supplies. Everything came with MY name on it.

So every holiday, I got box after box of "We're glad for your business" or "We hope you use us next year" presents. Food, little knick knacks, all kinds of stuff! Free things that came with the office supplies.

Usually, I just put them out in the break room and let everyone munch. Except for I always kept one of those popcorn tins (you know, the ones with cheese, caramel and regular popcorn?) and took it home with me (with permission from the boss, of course).

Those days were fun. People in the office LOVED me around the holidays!
            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
            X