X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pranking the Boss

Note: this is the awesome boss, not the crazy CEO

Ya'll remember the pilot episode of The Office, in which Jim embeds the "World's Best Boss" mug in Jello, and leaves it on Michael's desk?

Yes, we bought our boss the official "World's Best Boss" mug.

Yes, we embedded it in Jello.

Yes, we're leaving it on her desk this morning.

And yes, we've made sure she's seen that episode.

I love my department.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

And now....PICTURES!!!

"Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Best thing I've ever heard.

Comment

That's what she said!

Comment

That is amazing.

You may have the best office ever.
          http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Next step....Jello mold for her Chair
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I did the "tape over the mouse ball" one April 1st to my supervisor, and my supervisor's supervisor.

We all had a meeting with the second supervisor, and I was waiting for her to try to do something on the computer. But she never did. Then there was another meeting with just the two supervisors and a couple other people, but not me.

I went back to my desk and forgot all about it, until the first supervisor came by holding a piece of tape and grinning at me, asking me, "Is this yours?" She also told me that in the second meeting, the other supervisor eventually did try to use her computer, and when she found out what was going on, she immediately knew it was me.

But that's not nearly as funny as this other prank the whole team played on a different supervisor we had about 15 years ago. We probably went overboard a few times, and if she hadn't been such a good sport, she probably could have nailed the entire team for sexual harrassment.

We were starting to run low on space on the network, so she went in and zipped (compressed) a bunch of documents and scripts that hadn't been used in awhile. She then sent out a voicemail to the entire team letting her know she had done this, and told us, "If you need unzipped, just let me know." Yeah, poor choice of words there...

While she was in a meeting, our smartass team leader had a bunch of us leave her a voicemail, in a sultry voice that said, "Unzip me please!" I think he even got one or two of the women to do it.

When she got out of our meeting, we all watched from a distance as she walked back to her desk, checked her messages, and then let out an exasperated yell.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                I did the "tape over the mouse ball" one April 1st to my supervisor, and my supervisor's supervisor.
                We did that to a guy at my part time job in 07.

Although he threw the mouse in the trash and went and got another one out of storage.

We pulled the mouse out of the trash and decided not to tell him what we did.

Comment

When I worked final T&A on echocardiogram machines our supervisor/team leader had a stainless steel bedpan as part of his office accoutrements. The bed pan was from a long stay in an Air Force hospital & had his name & dates & nurses & doctors engraved on it.

Our area was open office style with shoulder high partitions. He kept the bedpan on top of his file cabinet. The company had an early morning management pep talk, so the night before we (the test techs) swiped the bedpan and filled it with lemon jello.

He comes in from the metting, swings into his cubicle and about falls over, activating EMERGENCY HALT! He very carefully tipped the bedpan, and then dumped it outside. Fap! We were going to eat it for break.

(T&A = Test & Assembly)
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

As a general rule, I quickly earn the title of resident smartass in whatever job I work. I can turn just about anything anyone says against them, especially if they're trying to battle wits.

I worked in an advertising sales position at a radio station, and a bunch of us in the office always ransacked the general manager's office every time he had to be out of the office for the day. We did stuff like whoopee cushions on the desk chair, assorted little booby traps in the desk drawers, the "office mascot" (a blow-up doll which no one remembered how it came to reside in the office but was there anyway), rotten potatoes in the trash can, you name it. We came up with some very creative ways to prank him.

Another of my favorite pranks was when I worked at a different convenience store. The manager and I spent one grocery day having a price tag war. Every time we got close to one another, we tagged each other with the pricing gun more than the merchandise. She thought she had the last word, but she left before I did. Before I left, I moved her office chair to the cooler, where it stayed until she got back the next morning. I also made fake paperwork that showed my drawer to be ridiculously short. So much so that she would instantly know I was up to something. Then, I called her the next afternoon since I was scheduled off work, told her I made a mistake and couldn't find it. She started laughing, and told me she'd have to wait for her chair to thaw before she could sit on it.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post

<snip>

this, and told us, "If you need unzipped, just let me know." Yeah, poor choice of words there...

While she was in a meeting, our smartass team leader had a bunch of us leave her a voicemail, in a sultry voice that said, "Unzip me please!" I think he even got one or two of the women to do it.

When she got out of our meeting, we all watched from a distance as she walked back to her desk, checked her messages, and then let out an exasperated yell.
                      that is freaking hilarious!
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The previous owner of the company I work for had a reputation... Of being a horndog, a pervert, etc.

After he retired (he left for Florida on vacation and never came back) we cleaned out his office on a rather slow day.

In going through his office we found a joy stick for computer gaming, my co-worker decided to take it home (we were told to take anything we wanted, throw out the rest).

After a few hours we went back to our desks. My coworker opened the box to make sure all the parts/cords were intact.

Well he found a whole other type of joystick. One more phallic, and pink than he expected. (Complete with straps).

After the laughing fit stopped, I picked the thing up and placed it facing straight up on my boss's chair.

He came back from lunch, turned the chair around and says "what the f*ck is this?!"

The laughter started again...

Comment

We have an identical EPOS unit and back office PC.

However the epos has a clip on screen over the display to make it touch sensitive. As we no longer had a cupport contract, i was doing our maintainance and upgrading the system, new keyboards etc etc.

My boss knows nothing about modern technology (i spent today teaching him to text on his mobile) so I nipped tot he PC shop next door, got a screen filter. Little spot of Dymo labelling and the PC had a new screen filter labelled "Touch 2000".

He spent 15 minutes jabbing at the screen before figuring out it was a con. I expected the fact that the touch screen was made of black netting to give it away but apparently not!
                          Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Not done yet, but planned:

Sing 'Ice ICe Baby' the next time that Under Pressure is played on the boss' favorite radio station (It came on last week, but he was in his office the entire time, grumblemumble)

I know IIB by heart...
                            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
                            X