Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crap, why must this happen on my day to work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap, why must this happen on my day to work?

Yesterday the DC, in the grand DC tradition, waited until the last minute to tell us they wanted our trailer sent back empty.

Result: we had to remove the 12 pallets or so of defectives, interstore transfers, and empty repack totes we had loaded on the trailer over the last week. They got put in the unload area.

Not to worry, the DC was going to have an empty trailer swing by at 4-ish so we could put the defectives and totes on that one. If all went well, that would leave us all of one hour to load up that trailer and then set up the carts, conveyor belt and pallets for the truck to be unloaded last night.

3:30--empty truck hasn't arrived. I told the autopull guy he was going to have to load the pallets on the empty trailer when it arrived, because I had to get mu lunch in yet.
    3:45--empty truck hasn't arrived.
    4:00--empty truck hasn't arrived. I go to lunch, and as part of lunch receive a fortune cookie bearing the message "You should enhance your feminine side at this time."
    4:30--empty truck hasn't arrived. I decide we can't wait for it any longer and move the pallets out of the unload area, and into wherever they fit. We get everything set up for the truck to be unloaded.
    5:00--empty truck shows up. Balls. Time to take down the conveyor belt, move a bunch of shit around, and start loading our defectives onto the empty trailer.

And actually, it wasn't an empty trailer. There was a bunch of merchandise on it, on its way to the DC. As a result, we couldn't fit the last two pallets of empty repack totes on the trailer. Those will have to sit another week at least.

Truck crew started the truck a half hour later than they regularly would because of all this extra dicking around we had to do.

And people wonder why I have a low opinion of the DC.
    Last edited by PuckishOne; 01-15-2009, 02:50 PM. Reason: fixed Irv's 'waggle'
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

they need people in the DCs who've unloaded at the store level

Comment

Working...
    X