Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank goodness for brain-to-mouth filter!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank goodness for brain-to-mouth filter!!!

Customer's payment was never received. She *SWEARS* she paid it, has her bank's website up and sees the payment processed. Okay, that's fine, but we require proof of payment in order to be able to trace where her payment ended up. Pretty straightforward, right?

SC: But I paid it to the bank machine! I don't get a statement.
    Me: Ma'am, do you receive a monthly statement at home?
    SC: Well, I get my bankbook updated (oh lord... dreaded bankbooks - we can't use them as proof of payment).
    Me: Well, your bank can provide you with the information as to where the payment was sent.
    SC: How the hell would my bank know anything about it???? I used the bank MACHINE outside!!!!!

At this point, my brain-mouth filter NEARLY failed... I replied: "Your bank should still be able to trace that information if you give them the transaction date and the amount."

What I wanted to say: "I'm sorry lady, there are no magic pixies inside the bank machine. A bank employee still has to take all the little envelopes out of it and check them manually."

I like my desired response better, but I get the feeling it might have gotten me fired
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

But the look on her face would have been priceless!
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
    X